how do you handle an IWB hoslter (like remora) and using a public restroom?

This is a discussion on how do you handle an IWB hoslter (like remora) and using a public restroom? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry for the silly question but I am waiting for my ccw to come through and I am trying to think ahead. I have a ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By Civil_Response
  • 5 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm
  • 3 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: how do you handle an IWB hoslter (like remora) and using a public restroom?

Sorry for the silly question but I am waiting for my ccw to come through and I am trying to think ahead. I have a iwb holster that stays in place using friction, so how would people handle that situation if they have to sit down in a public restroom? I guess you just hold the gun in your lap? That would be a good facebook picture :)

VIP Member
    First off, welcome to the forum.

Search function will pull up numerous post pertaining to this. Basically once your seated place it in your pants. That way you don't forget it once your done with the paper work.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I either put mine in my pants, or on the paper holder / gun rack ...... either one will work, in the pants might make it easier to not forget it, but i have never forgot n left mine anywhere, ........ and welcome aboard...
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    My first thought when this question comes up is always along the lines that if someone is carrying a gun, I would hope they could figure this out.

That said, this situation is definitely a huge plus for the SmartCarry holster.

This question comes up with such "regularity" we should call it ExLax and make it a sticky.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I've always thought The risks associated with using a public restroom were greater than the reasons one carried the gun.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Thank you.

Use the Family friendly restroom, otherwise use the search button here, or search using Google. Any will illustrate many worthy solutions. Additionally, please read Forum Rule 14:

We do not allow discussions or questions regarding the use of public restrooms for any reason. This topic has been discussed many times in many places and may be explored with the Forum Search Engine or external sources such as Google. While we appreciate the numerous and humorous opportunities such posts and threads create, our servers have only been allocated 15 bazillion terrabytes for storage and we thus have limited storage space for such matters. Thank you.
    Additionally, While these rules cover most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way. Posts that are contrary to the above policies or to the mission of DefensiveCarry.com, or violate our community standards may be edited or deleted at our sole discretion. We're a private venture enabled by an all-volunteer staff and forum Administrators and/or Moderators shall make the final decision on what does/does not violate community standards.

Thank you.

Actually, look here:

The Official "Restroom Thread"

Links