Got made entering Disneyland...

This is a discussion on Got made entering Disneyland... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have never been spotted when carrying to the best of my knowledge. Last month on our way into Disneyland, I was walking through their ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Got made entering Disneyland...

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar

Got made entering Disneyland...

I have never been spotted when carrying to the best of my knowledge. Last month on our way into Disneyland, I was walking through their "security" checkpoint, and the girl in the other line accross the table from the line I was in says "Is that a pen?", I reply "What?" having no idea what she is talking about and not even sure she was talking to me. She asks again "Is that a pen in your pocket?" I look down, and realize that I just got made for carrying my... carrying my 2.25" pocket knife!? "Sorry sir, you can't have that in Disneyland."

We're in CA, so unfortunately I was not carrying as normal, and I don't want an argument about carrying at theme parks here, I just wanted to vent on the rediculousness of the sittuation. I am pushing a stroller with uncounted pockets, they do a cursory surface scan of whatever is in backpacks/purses, and I have cargo shorts on capable of concealing full sized pistols easily, not to mention all of the other methods available to bring weapons in, and they turn me away for a knife clipped into my pocket that is shorter than some of the keys I have on my keychain. The only reason they have any idea I have it is because I wasn't trying to hide it, and I didn't even think about it because it is just part of what I put in my pockets, like my wallet and cell phone.

Our hotel is just across the street, so I tell them I can go back and leave it, even though I had walked around both parks all day the day before with it just the same and noone had said a word. Rediculous! I won't say how far towards the hotel I got before I returned with the next large group of people.

I couldn't help but comment to the brother and sister in law how funny it was that I carry a gun with me every day and have never been made, and now I got busted going into Disneyland for a pocket knife! The SIL looks at me, surprised and says, "you carry it every day just in case something happens?" She knows I carry, I guess she just didn't realize how much. I told her "look, if you've seen me wearing a belt, I probably had it with me." "Wow, I'm going to start treating you differently now" she says. Two days later, the CO theater massacre happens, we hear the report, and I just give her a look. I think she might understand a little bit more now... hopefully.
    mprp, atctimmy, oneshot and 9 others like this.
    Walk softly ...

2. Remove Ads

I started typing as just a thread about Disneyland, and how rediculous their "security" is, and then it morphed into a little more about the SIL as I was typing. I am still annoyed about the security, which all they are really looking for is food that you have to prepare in the park, so you don't make a mess, and have to pay more for their food. Anyone with a real weapon is not going to just open their bag and show it to you!!!
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    I told her "look, if you've seen me wearing a belt, I probably had it with me." "Wow, I'm going to start treating you differently now" she says. Two days later, the CO theater massacre happens, we hear the report, and I just give her a look. I think she might understand a little bit more now... hopefully.
    Have you talked with her at length since the CO shooting?

As for Disneyland....... in Cali it's just a no-go. I've been to Disneyworld in Orlando and things are a little diffrent...........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Yeah, at the Orlando Disney they have some sharp eyes. This guy had to have been in his 80's but he spotted my Dad's knife from a dozen feet away. It was a small knife though so the security guys decided to let him into the park anyways, but I was blown away he spotted that. Guess that's part of their training.

I'd recommend just letting it loose in your pocket until you're inside the park.

Only time I had been checked (Disiney World) Fl, Was on holloween Horror night. The wand got me & I ask security if I could put it in locker, They said They would do so. Ohh well ; ) PS Good Luck in Cali
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by urkrypt0nite View Post
    I'd recommend just letting it loose in your pocket until you're inside the park.
    Yeah, that's what I did after that day.
    Walk softly ...

I got made for my pocket knife at an amusement park. My wife had her purse searched and they missed her 3 pocket knives and pepper spray. :)
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Have you talked with her at length since the CO shooting?
    I have not had a chance yet, but I will this weekend. I will try to remember to let you guys know how that goes.
    goldshellback likes this.
    Walk softly ...

I'm going to try to find a cell phone case that will let me put my knife inside with my cell phone. Or find one that I can clip to the backside of it.

I wonder why these places do not confiscate cell phones and Casio watches? Both are know to be terrorists favorite tools for detonating bombs. Or canes (clubs) for that matter.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I wonder why these places do not confiscate cell phones and Casio watches? Both are know to be terrorists favorite tools for detonating bombs. Or canes (clubs) for that matter.

Michael
    Not only that but you can buy stuff there in the park that can be used as a much better weapon than a little pocket knife.

BigStick, I hope that if nothing else comes out of this, your SIL has a better understanding. Keep us tuned and good luck! I take it she doesn't live in Ca. either. (?)
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Has anyone found out if they scan you going into D.L. California? Has anyone personally carried past the gate? I will probably be going there in the fall, hopefully with Elsie Pea.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Has anyone found out if they scan you going into D.L. California? Has anyone personally carried past the gate? I will probably be going there in the fall, hopefully with Elsie Pea.
    No detectors or scanners. Just a security checkpoint when you walk into the entrance area between the two parks. They ask you to open any bags/purses and take a cursory look through the contents. If you look suspicious, they might pull you aside for additional screening. As long as you are adequately concealed (and have a permit) you should not have any problems.
    Walk softly ...

They checked our bags and stroller going into Disney in FL and didn't say a word about the fod and drinks we brought for the kids. I locked my XD40sc in the car before we went in, but I told my wife it was ridiculous because they didn't check IWB or pockets. I could have CC 3 handguns and they would have never had a clue. I did have my OC spray and pocket knife on me. We went to another amusement park in NC and they had metal detectors. I emptied my pockets and they made me check my OC spray at security, which I retrieved when I left. It seems crazy to me, but what do I know.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Not only that but you can buy stuff there in the park that can be used as a much better weapon than a little pocket knife.
    Reminds me of the time I was stopped entering a mall in Israel while carrying my Leatherman Charge. Went back to the car, left it, and went into the mall. Third store on the right is a knife store with Leathermans, big honkin' machetes, etc. What a joke!

I was thinking about the time I visited Disney World and bought a 4 foot tall wooden giraffe. Now that could cause some serious skull crunching! (Come to think of it, I also bought an authentic African spear with a 3 foot long blade.)
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links