Defensive Carry banner

Extra magazine?

12K views 114 replies 60 participants last post by  David Armstrong 
#1 ·
How much extra ammunition do you carry and how? 1 magazine, two, or more? :)

#4 ·
2 extra

I usually always \"shoulder carry\" so...One in the pistol & two on the \"flip side\" to help balance out the rig.
3 mags total of .45 acp should get me through almost any defensive pinch. :D

#10 ·
Almost always two. But sometimes only just one.

In the SmartCarry, two are easy to carry on the offside pouch of my Security model belt. On those rare times when I\'m carrying IWB or in the pocket, only one mag.

If I carry the G26, I use G17 mags for the back-ups (generally giving me 45 rounds on my body). If I\'m carrying the G36, I use mags with the +1 Pearce extender (and the +10% Wolff mag springs)(giving me 21 rounds on me).

I\'ve thought about carrying the G18 mags, but I just keep them in my briefcase. If I need them . . . well, we\'re already in quite a mess. :)

#13 ·
I carry a Glock 22 with a 15 round capacity magazine, so 16 total. An extra magazine is carried depending upon what I am wearing and, really, my mood. Hard to explain. When I do carry an extra, it, too, is 15 rounds. However, I *always* have at least one extra in my car.

Brandon

#15 ·
Seven in the grip, one in the chamber, two more clips in the pocket. Better to have em and not need em than to need them and not have em.:kay:

May God bless,
Dwight

#22 ·
If I carry my Kimber Ultra Carry then it is two spare mags for a total of 22 rounds. Now that I sometimes carry my FiveseveN I don\'t carry a spare mag (haven\'t found a pouch for this mag yet) so the total round count is 21. If I can find a single mag pouch I will carry one spare mag for a total of 41 rounds.

MadDog :rock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.