Concealed carry in Pennsylvania State Parks

This is a discussion on Concealed carry in Pennsylvania State Parks within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have read other entries in this forum which said Pa House Bill 1845 allowed concealed carry in PA State Parks and that it was ...

Thread: Concealed carry in Pennsylvania State Parks

I have read other entries in this forum which said Pa House Bill 1845 allowed concealed carry in PA State Parks and that it was signed into law. I have not been able to find the wording that specifically says that this is allowed. I have read through PA Title 18 Section 6109 and PA State Park regulations. Can anyone give me a specific place where it state concealed carry is permitted in state parks? Thank you for you help.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tlbrwb View Post
    I have read other entries in this forum which said Pa House Bill 1845 allowed concealed carry in PA State Parks and that it was signed into law. I have not been able to find the wording that specifically says that this is allowed. I have read through PA Title 18 Section 6109 and PA State Park regulations. Can anyone give me a specific place where it state concealed carry is permitted in state parks? Thank you for you help.
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

Carry In State Parks/State & National Forests/WMA/Road Side Rest Areas
    Carry Allowed in these Areas:
    State Parks: YES
    State/National Forests: YES
    WMAs: YES
    Road Side Rest Areas: YES
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

GH
    I had the same concerns when Wisconsin finally got a concealed carry law. There's a state park within walking distance form my home & when you enter it there's a sign that lists all the things you couldn't take in. Firearms was one of them. I asked the Ranger & he told me it was perfectly legal but he preferred that the gun be concealed so the 2 - legged animals wouldn't get their panties in a bunch. There is no law stating that I can't open carry, though. It's just his & the park manager's desires.

Each state has it's individual laws & rules & it appears your state will allow you to carry.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I went to a national park. Didn't have a permit so the local authorities told me to open carry. Was kind of cool that they didn't give me a hard time being out of state. Seems like a few of them know their gun laws and support them.

I wonder if Texas State Parks allow open carry? All I've seen states concealed. what about National Parks?
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

HKR
    zeppelin03
    I went to a national park. Didn't have a permit so the local authorities told me to open carry. Was kind of cool that they didn't give me a hard time being out of state. Seems like a few of them know their gun laws and support them.
    While I fully support LEOs using discretion in cases such as this, I would beware of following directions such as this unless it corresponds to the state's law. Does the state you visited allow for OC without a permit? Does this apply to anyone visiting or just to residents of that state? I'm not asking these questions for you to answer, I just want you to think about them. Just because an officer, any officer, tells you that something is ok doesn't mean that another officer might not arrest you for it. Would the first officer/officers telling you it's ok help with your defense? In a small town with a DA/prosecutor/judge with common sense it very well might help you out. In other situations, it might not. It's better to know the laws yourself so that you can make an educated decision in such cases.
    I am glad that the officers you spoke with support us carrying. I know many do, but's it's always nice to hear about them.

RubenZ
    I wonder if Texas State Parks allow open carry? All I've seen states concealed. what about National Parks?
    My understanding is that Texas prohibits OC everywhere, but there may be exceptions that I'm not aware of.

Sponsored Links