Going to Minnesota tomorrow

This is a discussion on Going to Minnesota tomorrow within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tomorrow I'm going to the boundary waters to booze and lay on the breakwater (hahaha I wish) and I thought I'd have Minnesota added to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Going to Minnesota tomorrow

Going to Minnesota tomorrow

Tomorrow I'm going to the boundary waters to booze and lay on the breakwater (hahaha I wish) and I thought I'd have Minnesota added to my list of places I can carry by now. Sad thing is, I was mistaken. I'm taking a gun either way (because I'm not an idiot) and have just a few questions. Can hotels ban firearms from the room if my silly silly bride were to talk about it in public? She is incapable of obeying a simple gag order like most females under 30, so telling her to be quiet has adverse effects. Her mother is also tagging along so I'll need to borrow a stapler from somebody. What's the firearm transportation law in Minnesota? I've read the statutes and I don't speak legalizeso I need an interpretation.

Also, what's wrong with Minnesota drivers? Do you not see the giant Dodge Ram?! You really don't want me to tap you with my bumper so don't provoke me. Also, turn the damn brights off, mine are up high and so much brighter than yours. Do you really wanna play that game?
    Jollymann likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Tomorrow I'm going to the boundary waters to booze and lay on the breakwater (hahaha I wish) and I thought I'd have Minnesota added to my list of places I can carry by now. Sad thing is, I was mistaken. I'm taking a gun either way (because I'm not an idiot) and have just a few questions. Can hotels ban firearms from the room if my silly silly bride were to talk about it in public? She is incapable of obeying a simple gag order like most females under 30, so telling her to be quiet has adverse effects. Her mother is also tagging along so I'll need to borrow a stapler from somebody. What's the firearm transportation law in Minnesota? I've read the statutes and I don't speak legalize so I need an interpretation.
    Being that your permit is not valid in MN, federal firearm transportation law applies. Unloaded cased, ammo sep..yadda yadda.

Also, what's wrong with Minnesota drivers? Do you not see the giant Dodge Ram?! You really don't want me to tap you with my bumper so don't provoke me. Also, turn the damn brights off, mine are up high and so much brighter than yours. Do you really wanna play that game?
    Going to assume you are kidding, but incase you are not....please stay out of this State. Don't need road rage and guns over here.
    Thunder71 likes this.

Ahh, you're one of those my truck is bigger than yours so move kind of guys.

Good luck.

Senior Moderator
    If the hotel is posted you can't carry there also see the following for carrying in you truck

A person may not transport a firearm in a motor vehicle unless the firearm is:
    (1) unloaded and in a gun case expressly made to contain a firearm, and the case fully encloses the firearm by being zipped, snapped, buckled, tied, or otherwise fastened, and without any portion of the firearm exposed;
    (2) unloaded and in the closed trunk of a motor vehicle

I must admit that I find the whole tone of your post a litle disturbing
    phreddy likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Ahh, you're one of those my truck is bigger than yours so move kind of guys.

Good luck.
    Nope, I'm one of those don't cut me off in your little Nissan and immediately slam the brakes before getting back into your original lane kind of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    If the hotel is posted you can't carry there also see the following for carrying in you truck

A person may not transport a firearm in a motor vehicle unless the firearm is:
    (1) unloaded and in a gun case expressly made to contain a firearm, and the case fully encloses the firearm by being zipped, snapped, buckled, tied, or otherwise fastened, and without any portion of the firearm exposed;
    (2) unloaded and in the closed trunk of a motor vehicle

I must admit that I find the whole tone of your post a litle disturbing
    How so buddy?

Yea, wow...glad he's not coming down here.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Senior Moderator
    if my silly silly bride were to talk about it in public? She is incapable of obeying a simple gag order like most females under 30, so telling her to be quiet has adverse effects. Her mother is also tagging along so I'll need to borrow a stapler from somebody.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I just might not have your same sense of humor
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Nope, I'm one of those don't cut me off in your little Nissan and immediately slam the brakes before getting back into your original lane kind of guys.
    You don't have the luxury of being one of those guys if you made the choice to carry a firearm.

How so buddy?
    Going to guess the overall agressive tone to your post.
    pgrass101 likes this.

Minnesotan drivers are extremely rude, and insane. At least the ones in the Twin Cities are.
    tricolordad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Minnesotan drivers are extremely rude, and insane. At least the ones in the Twin Cities are.
    Theyre like that in Duluth and Winona too. Thank you for reinforcing the truth. Ive been holding back my criticism of MN drivers for a very long time. Ive taken to driving the truck in MN because that guy with the insured up the wazoo Mercedes sometimes thinks twice before attempting to ram me. Last time i was in Duluth, had a guy repeatedly change lanes in front of me and pump his brakes. When i came to a complete stop he slammed it in reverse and pulled a baseball bat on me.

If the MN drivers bother you stay away from North Dakota, the farmers will drive you insane, if that sort of thing bothers you. And up here it will not be a Nissan sentra, it will be an oil field truck, a grain truck or a 75 Lincoln.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Theyre like that in Duluth and Winona too. Thank you for reinforcing the truth. Ive been holding back my criticism of MN drivers for a very long time. Ive taken to driving the truck in MN because that guy with the insured up the wazoo Mercedes sometimes thinks twice before attempting to ram me. Last time i was in Duluth, had a guy repeatedly change lanes in front of me and pump his brakes. When i came to a complete stop he slammed it in reverse and pulled a baseball bat on me.
    Wow.

I've had a drivers license, for 54 years (got it in April 1958). I'd been driving on country dirt roads with my dad for 4 years in his Jeep before I got my license.

Commuted for 35 years in LA commuter traffic never less than 37 miles one way and made it accident free (~600,000 commuter miles). Even took a couple of vacations to beautiful state of MN.

Not once in all that time, and probably close to 3/4 million miles on the road, has anybody pulled over and come after me with a baseball bat, or anything else for that matter.

Probably dumb luck, but I'll take it.

I like MN. Fun state to visit. I've meant some really nice folks there.

Probably more dumb luck.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Funny, 9/10 when I'm driving and the person in front of me is driving me crazy I can tell where they are from - Wisconsin.

I swear you all drive like you're the only one on the road and have no clue where you are going... ever, and your speed varies from 15 under to 3 over. I make life easy on myself and simply take a detour, aka the next available exit, sing kumbaya and move on with my day. :)

Doesn't help that my wife is FROM Wisconsin lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Funny, 9/10 when I'm driving and the person in front of me is driving me crazy I can tell where they are from - Wisconsin.
    You're in for a "treat" if you ever drive in NY or MA...

And don't even think about driving in AZ. I swear they condemn all the worst drivers in the Northeast to live out their natural lives in AZ.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Arizona drivers drive fast, but aren't the risk takers like the Twin Cities drivers.

Being driven around at 90-100 mph around Phoenix by my brother or sister-in-law was an experience. I learned that you could drive up the mountain from Phoenix to Flagstaff averaging 90 mph.

When I've visited my parents in Phoenix I've driven around there too. It was not all that bad.

Boston drivers, well, they take it to the next level. You know it's bad when a police officer tells you that turn signals are a sign of weakness and that you should never use them... While Boston was nice to visit, I'll never drive there if I go back. That was an interesting experience just taking a cab from place to place the few times my family used them.

You have to understand, the only place where I've been almost run over multiple times on the same stretch of major roadway in one trip has been in the Twin Cities. The dodging and weaving of the natives is nothing short of shocking. I can be going 10 miles over the speed limit and be passed by people in the fast lane and on the shoulder of the road that make me feel like I'm standing still.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links