Help! Which form for florida non-resident CCW application?

This is a discussion on Help! Which form for florida non-resident CCW application? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The instruction on handgunlaws.us show me where to go and get the application, fingerprint cards etc... For the application do i want "Concealed weapon or ...

Thread: Help! Which form for florida non-resident CCW application?

The instruction on handgunlaws.us show me where to go and get the application, fingerprint cards etc...

For the application do i want "Concealed weapon or firearm application" or "Statewide firearm license application"

I assume the one with Concealed in the name is what I want but want to make sure so I don't have to wait for the forms to come twice after I order the wrong one :)

You want the "Concealed Weapon or Firearm" application and the "Fingerprint Card-Firearm Licenses".
    FYI, Florida makes no distinction between residents and non-residents.
    Good luck.
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters Member
    Sarhog's gallery

Thank you! Application, finger print cards and the instructions and florida law stuff ordered.

So with NY, the NH application that I mailed this afternoon and FL once i fill it out and get it approved... I should be allowed to carry in 31 states if i counted right.

I'll probably never go to any of these damn places but at least i feel like i'm sticking it to the man or something.

Sticking It To The Man?

You ARE the man!...So aren't you then sticking it to yourself?
    /sarcasam off/

If you can carry where you live or visit...why more states?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If you can carry where you live or visit...why more states?
    ret
    I do travel to PA to see a friend and possibly ohio where relatives live. I applied for NH to let me carry in PA and I'm going to add florida to give me Ohio. The other 20-some states are just included but i'll probably never travel to them.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvibe View Post
    I do travel to PA to see a friend and possibly ohio where relatives live. I applied for NH to let me carry in PA and I'm going to add florida to give me Ohio. The other 20-some states are just included but i'll probably never travel to them.
    Make sure to study up on Ohio's laws. They are tricky when it comes to carrying in a vehicle. That is the reason I'm applying to get a FLA non-res so I can carry in Ohio when visiting the in-laws.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    Check verry close before taveling with an out of state license. Some states,and it may be Ohio, will not let you use a permit if you don,t live in the state of the permit your holding.

Michigan and New Hampshire will not let you carry there if your permit is a non-resident permit. But if you have a permit resident or non-res then you can get a new hampshire non-res for $20 which you can use in NH.

Quote Originally Posted by myusername View Post
    Michigan and New Hampshire will not let you carry there if your permit is a non-resident permit. But if you have a permit resident or non-res then you can get a new hampshire non-res for $20 which you can use in NH.
    I'm confused. Are you saying that Ohio doesn't recognize out of state non-resident permits or that all states work that way?

I'm a NY resident with a NY permit. I applied for a NH non-resident permit so I could carry in PA. You're saying that my NH non-resident permit would only allow me to carry in NH and not in the other states that NH has reciprocity agreements with such as PA? Or are you saying that Ohio won't recognize non-resident permits (i.e. Florida) from other states?

I did not say anything about Ohio.

I don't know what other states accept.
    If NH has reciprocity with certain states then you should be able to carry there with that particular permit. As always, you should check with the state in question. Usually this info is on their website.

All I was saying is that NH is one of the states that does not accept Non-Res permits from other states, which is probably why they offer theirs for only $20 providing you have another states permit.

I, like many others in Louisiana, use a Florida permit as my carry license. I do not have a LA permit. Since I do not live in FL I can not use my FL permit in NH. The same goes for Michigan.

I get you now. I misread your post. Thanks for the info. I'll have a NH non-resident permit so I should be OK going there.

And like you said, I'll be reading up on the laws for each state I pass through and stay in to see what the requirements/laws are. I haven't done that reading yet. I'll do it as needed when I'm heading planning my trips.

Sponsored Links