A little bummed...

A little bummed...

This is a discussion on A little bummed... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The little lady and I were out to eat this evening and I had my new Blackhawk IWB loaded up with my SW 642. Just ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A little bummed...

A little bummed...

The little lady and I were out to eat this evening and I had my new Blackhawk IWB loaded up with my SW 642. Just started carrying after having my permit for quite a while. We head in to a local Mexican restaurant where we've eaten occasionally after church and I notice they've got 'The Sign' - no firearms allowed where alcohol served. I didn't want to spoil the mood so after getting seated I went back to the car and stashed under the seat. I guess I could have said something to them at the restaurant but I honestly don't think anybody there would have understood what I was saying. Guess I'll know to eat somewhere else next time. Besides, the salsa was too weak and the wife's taco salad had too much sour cream!

That's unfortunate. But look at the bright side, now you get to go on a Mexican food adventure while finding a new place.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Another misguided soul...

Dang, now I'm craving Taco Bell soft tacos or some Taco John's potato ole's with a side of nacho cheese.

Life is too short for weak salsa.
    ericb327 and BugDude like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

They wrote our CC law a bit different. You can not drink and CC. You can be in a place that serves long as your not drinking. I have noticed some place still post. That is their right as it is my right not to leave any cash there.
    I going to get toasted for this one I wonder how many illegal guns are in the Mexican restaurants/bars on 16th in Milwaukee

Taco Bell Drive Thru! No sign there.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

You can pretty much guage the quality of a Mexican Restaurant by their salsa (and whether or not they display the sign)

Weak salsa is like the Mexican equivalent of "weak sauce".lol

Well, carry on your way to another restaurant. =)
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Out here the only businesses that are posted as no carry zones by default are ones that earn 51% or more of their income from the sale of alcohol. Can't carry in most bars but most restraunts are ok. It is a bummer when you hit a legal sign and have to stash your carry gun. I have a lock-box bolted to the frame of the truck just for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GearmanTX View Post
    Out here the only businesses that are posted as no carry zones by default are ones that earn 51% or more of their income from the sale of alcohol. Can't carry in most bars but most restraunts are ok. It is a bummer when you hit a legal sign and have to stash your carry gun. I have a lock-box bolted to the frame of the truck just for that reason.
    Sorry this is off-topic, but this has me genuinely curious. Is it bolted underneath your truck (hence the frame comment)? Or do you actually mean the body of the truck? I immediately had an image of someone crawling underneath their truck to get their gun so I had to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBuck View Post
    The little lady and I were out to eat this evening and I had my new Blackhawk IWB loaded up with my SW 642. Just started carrying after having my permit for quite a while. We head in to a local Mexican restaurant where we've eaten occasionally after church and I notice they've got 'The Sign' - no firearms allowed where alcohol served. I didn't want to spoil the mood so after getting seated I went back to the car and stashed under the seat. I guess I could have said something to them at the restaurant but I honestly don't think anybody there would have understood what I was saying. Guess I'll know to eat somewhere else next time. Besides, the salsa was too weak and the wife's taco salad had too much sour cream!
    What resturaunt was this and what area? La Hacienda? Posted is posted in Tennessee since it carries weight of the law but we are allowed to carry in resturaunts that serve alcohol as long as we dont drink. If its posted soley because they serve alcohol then they may just not understand the laws. Might be worth writing or calling the manager about. Again, posted is posted but the signs statement is false.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by A1Fiddler View Post
    Sorry this is off-topic, but this has me genuinely curious. Is it bolted underneath your truck (hence the frame comment)? Or do you actually mean the body of the truck? I immediately had an image of someone crawling underneath their truck to get their gun so I had to ask.
    My bad, better description needed. The box is bolted through the body to the frame, keeps it where it's supposed to be. I can send you a link to where I got it if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    What resturaunt was this and what area? La Hacienda? Posted is posted in Tennessee since it carries weight of the law but we are allowed to carry in resturaunts that serve alcohol as long as we dont drink. If its posted soley because they serve alcohol then they may just not understand the laws. Might be worth writing or calling the manager about. Again, posted is posted but the signs statement is false.
    Yes, La Hacienda at Wolfchase. I was tempted to just keep it on me and think that nobody would notice but thought better of it. You are definitely right that they may not understand the law. I'm pretty sure they don't completely understand the English language.

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    They wrote our CC law a bit different. You can not drink and CC. You can be in a place that serves long as your not drinking. I have noticed some place still post. That is their right as it is my right not to leave any cash there.
    I going to get toasted for this one I wonder how many illegal guns are in the Mexican restaurants/bars on 16th in Milwaukee
    A lot!!, lol.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Yep, what's your point other than referencing Hispanics in a negative way?
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links