What would you do? - Page 6

What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My truck is not worth mine or anyone elses life. Call 911 and let the police handle it....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: What would you do?

VIP Member
    My truck is not worth mine or anyone elses life. Call 911 and let the police handle it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    Empty my pepper spray on him.

taze him til he wets himself

I'd make sure he wasn't in my car by mistake... if I figured out he was trying to steal it I'd reach in and grab him by the throat. Enough pressure and people usually do what you ask of them.

Oh yeah, my free hand would be very near my CC weapon.
    -Kel-Tec P3AT .380 w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (summer carry)
    -Kahr PM9 9mm w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (new summer carry)
    -Glock 27 .40 w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (winter carry)
    -Taurus PT945 .45 (more or less retired from carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    To bad we cant change the laws because I personally disagree about the stance on protecting property . Sorry, it is my car or my stuff. I paid for it and you are not welcome to take it. It may be different if you could sue the folks and get your money back but you as the owner are screwed for the most part. Why should I be forced to pay for theft insurance? With all this said, I do know the law.
    This^

Seriously guys, isn't the whole call 911 and be a "good witness" thing a little overblown?
    CJM likes this.

In Tennessee we are not allowed to fire upon a moving vehicle so of hes already taking off, Im S.O.L
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

When people make statements like "call 911 and let them handle it" tells me they have never been robbed! They have never had the pleasure of going through the insurance co and having their vehicle devaluated and told it was worth less than it was and then paying a large deductible on top of it. experiencing the loss of a vehicle and not being able to get your kids to school, get you to work, get your mom to the doctors.... sorry but now a day it is more than just a vehicle.... it is life Support. In Texas you can still shoot horse thieves and there is a reason for that because without transportation it might cost you your life
    GeorgiaDawg likes this.

My truck is darn near irreplaceable, and I know the insurance company would never give me what it's really worth. One hand on my holstered gun (just in case he happened to be armed) and yell at him to get the F out of my truck.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    When people make statements like "call 911 and let them handle it" tells me they have never been robbed! They have never had the pleasure of going through the insurance co and having their vehicle devaluated and told it was worth less than it was and then paying a large deductible on top of it. experiencing the loss of a vehicle and not being able to get your kids to school, get you to work, get your mom to the doctors.... sorry but now a day it is more than just a vehicle.... it is life Support. In Texas you can still shoot horse thieves and there is a reason for that because without transportation it might cost you your life
    While I see your point because I've been robbed while I was not at home and at gun point, the same can be said by saying "those who say they would protect your property have never been through a court case then a civil defense case".
    tricolordad likes this.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." -V
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21

CJM
    Quote Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
    You don't need a permit to protect your property. I'd open the car door and yank the jackass out of my car.
    No kidding, I wouldn't draw on him but he'd be eating asphalt. My wife and I have worked hard to have nice things, and I'm not going to lay down and watch some meth monkey derelict take something we worked so many hours to buy, and I don't care that I have insurance. I guess I'm just not hard wired to accept victim status.

It sounds like a parallel parking establishment so I'm going to assume that this retard would pass my truck up for an easier to get away with vehicle. Although it wouldn't be crazy to jump in the back and call 911 from the box and get some excitement. Shame to lose that coffee though.

Let em take the car, but in the process of attempting to stop or question the perp, if the perp draws a weapon, all bets are off.

I'd yell an try an get him out, an call 911 unless he has a gun than its a different story, under Georgia law it is illegal to use deadly force to defend property unless someone's life is in jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by AFVeteran19 View Post
    While I see your point because I've been robbed while I was not at home and at gun point, the same can be said by saying "those who say they would protect your property have never been through a court case then a civil defense case".
    Exactly what DO they teach you in the chair force dude? hahahaa In all seriousness, I've been stuck up too. Unfortunately, I grew up in foster homes and group homes and those are usually in bad places....

Well, I don't see killing someone over a car unless my wife or kids are in it when he's trying to take it. Of course if my wife is in it I would expect to find a guy partially in and partially out of the car with a near .40 cal hole in his head as she is always armed with her XD .40 sub compact and she is more than ready to use it to defend her babies.

If it was just me, I'd for sure be trying to drag the dirt bag out of my vehicle and if he decided to pull some weapon, then I guess I'd have to defend myself. I've worked damned hard for what I have and I honestly do not think I could just stand there and watch some piece of garbage drive off in my property. I'm not going to just shoot him but I will for sure go hands on to get him to stop. If he doesn't and wants to escalate things, that was his decision.

Interestingly, I have had a similar situation actually happen to me. Jan 2009, at a Sam's Club gas station in Memphis. I was approached by a gang member who wanted a light. When I told him I did not smoke he cursed me and tried to get into my vehicle which I had locked upon getting out of by force of habit. I yelled at him to stop and get away, he called me some other things and reached as if for a gun behind his waist, and was greeted with a Glock pointed at his face. He decided to run as fast as his 5 sizes too big pants would allow him to run.

I called 911, while speaking to a police officer and filling out a statement, another cruiser rolled up with the moron hooked up in the rear of the car. He had dumped his gun, if he had one, but kept his bag of weed. I testified against him, he got less than 2 years.

I didn't fire only because I realized he was turning to run and I did not want to shoot him in the back. But it is the closest I have come to shooting someone outside of Military service.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links