Looking for letters to mail to stores with gun-buster signs

This is a discussion on Looking for letters to mail to stores with gun-buster signs within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have tried to "search" but can't find what I am looking for. Recently a business I patronize A LOT put up gun-buster signs. I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By suntzu

Thread: Looking for letters to mail to stores with gun-buster signs

I have tried to "search" but can't find what I am looking for.

Recently a business I patronize A LOT put up gun-buster signs. I want to send them a letter about how, by putting up that sign, they are askfing for violence.

If you have a letter you send to business' like this, or a business card, please reply here and post it. Thanks

Right your own words much more effective than a form letter they have seen.
    Short polite state your case and where you will be spending your cash .

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    They might respond more to dollar amounts. If you can give them a projection of how much money you typically spend per year/month/week at a competitor that you would spend at their store, that might help.

More than likely, they will just toss your letter in the trash, but you never know.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

GH
    I applaud your efforts. I think it's a good idea, not that I think it'll do any good. I hope it does.

Generate a good letter. Have it spell checked & grammar checked. Use good vocabulary - not too many big words, not too many small words. State your facts simply & concisely. If you want to, post it on this site & stand by for criticism, hopefully all positive & honest. It'll probably still wind up in the waste basket but give it a try anyhow.

Good luck!
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Why are you bothering? They have already factored in all of their business variables and have made a decision. Whether it is just phiisophical liberal baloney or hard dollar facts, they are not going to change their mind. Chill and go elsewhere and forget about it. If it really bothers you then keep it in mind should a BG do a job on their store and their employees---then go in and tell them how wrong they were.

Locally owned franchises that can decide on their own are sometimes persuaded by writing letters. If anything don't ever say
    Why are you bothering?
    . At least this gentleman is trying to do something. A lackluster attitude IMO just plain sucks. Like not voting and complaining about who got elected.
    GeorgiaDawg and CJM like this.

CJM
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Why are you bothering? They have already factored in all of their business variables and have made a decision. Whether it is just phiisophical liberal baloney or hard dollar facts, they are not going to change their mind. Chill and go elsewhere and forget about it. If it really bothers you then keep it in mind should a BG do a job on their store and their employees---then go in and tell them how wrong they were.
    Sure, let's just roll over and die everytime something happens that we aren't in agreement with. If you don't "bother" to do something at the lower levels, I'm sure you definitely couldn't be "bothered" to speak out at the upper.

Sponsored Links