This is the type of guy who should not have a ccw permit;

This is a discussion on This is the type of guy who should not have a ccw permit; within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Perhaps you would then accept the rational that those who dislike guns, would advise that IF you feel the area outside ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is the type of guy who should not have a ccw permit;

Poor analogy

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Perhaps you would then accept the rational that those who dislike guns, would advise that IF you feel the area outside of your home is so dangerous that you think you need a gun...then forget the gun and just don't go outside your home...

It works both ways...
    The analogy you make is poor. Riding a motorcycle is optional, as there are alternative vehicles that will transport you as well. But one must go outside one's home to earn money and buy food and other necessities of life, or death will surely result.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    The analogy you make is poor. Riding a motorcycle is optional, as there are alternative vehicles that will transport you as well. But one must go outside one's home to earn money and buy food and other necessities of life, or death will surely result.
    I would have to disagree with this. With the very same internet that we are communicating with. I can earn money, buy food and have it delivered, pay my bills, perform recreation activities, etc.... I really don't have to leave my house if I chose not to.

MikeV

he does have a point about drivers not paying attention.

i used to ride and when i'm driving now, i make it a point to watch out for bikes.

i always see them, but i'm looking for them. as for these people who say i didn't see the bike, my question is, if you can't see the bike, how can you see a child/pedestrian which is much smaller?

they're just not looking.

Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    CCW is optional...Or do 'they' make one carry?
    I know riding a bike is optional!

Respectfully...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The guys comments are kinda like, you had to be there. Nevertheless, the world is full of people with bad attitudes.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

lee n. field is very likely right on the money.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

i'm not sure what to think of it. i would never reveal i had a ccw on the net or otherwise to a non leo.

that said, i do not know what else happened in the thread. so, i'll keep quiet on that.

quotes taken out of context quite often sound way different then when they are read along with the others of the thread.

Bikers

Bikers are just like the rest of us. Some are "making a statement" with their bike.

I've shown up at rallys and spotted business people (Docs, etc) who drive to within 20 miles of the rally in their AC van with bike in back. Then they smear some dirt on their clothes, ride into the rally and ask where the beer is!

I've practically lived on my bike for years now because I love it. I don't need loud pipes or a $200 air horn because I watch out for the other drivers. Makes me a better car driver for sure.

Oh, and I also have a CCW. Carry all the time even in post offices (without my little badge of course!)

This guy was just one of the few, so I'd just blow him off.

.... Skye....

Quote Originally Posted by Skye View Post
    Bikers are just like the rest of us. Some are "making a statement" with their bike.

I've shown up at rallys and spotted business people (Docs, etc) who drive to within 20 miles of the rally in their AC van with bike in back. Then they smear some dirt on their clothes, ride into the rally and ask where the beer is!

I've practically lived on my bike for years now because I love it. I don't need loud pipes or a $200 air horn because I watch out for the other drivers. Makes me a better car driver for sure.

Oh, and I also have a CCW. Carry all the time even in post offices (without my little badge of course!)

This guy was just one of the few, so I'd just blow him off.

.... Skye....
    Agree ...

I have been riding most all my adult life (or before ... "adult" is a relative term and the OL might question my "adult" status even today LOL).

I have not encountered people I would consider a "real biker" (whatever that is ...) who feel the "need' to "prove" who they are in real life, much less on the internet ...

I'd guess the individual is simply a yuppie poser, if indeed he actually rides a bike (or has a CCW permit for that matter) at all ...

Chuck
    ** Is your mission on earth complete? Check your pulse. **
    ******** If you still have one, the answer is NO! *********

$20 says you can draw quicker than he can. Punks like that are all bark and no bite. They get so caught up in intimidating other people with words when it comes down to skinning the smoke wagon they are slower than molasses in July. Takes longer to draw when you have your chest puffed out.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member
    agree, I have seen similar stuff on forums also.

Sounds like what we call a RUB ... Rich Urban Biker. They are a dime a dozen the last few years. The big bike rallies are chuck full of them.

It could also be a case of MNS -- "Mall Ninja Syndrome". As the old cartoon said, "On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog."
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEV View Post
    I work with have Harley's and they also sid that the straight pipes that make noise are for their protection. Motorcycles as hard to see and if you hear them coming you are more apt to look for them.

Just a thought

MikeV
    All older bikers have a saying "Loud Pipes Save Lives" guess who's (key word here is older). Wearing leather is just a given for a smart biker, their are two kinds of people who ride motorcycle, those who have dumped their bike and those who will, N leather is easer to replace than skin, yet another good safety tool. I carry but do not brag about it. Now in AZ you can open carry while riding N no one takes notice which is real cool.
    So this guy was just being obnoxious in the way he addressed the issue, N did not win any converts.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links