This is the type of guy who should not have a ccw permit;

This is a discussion on This is the type of guy who should not have a ccw permit; within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So there was a argument in another forum I got to about loud bike pipes and this biker guy gets all mad and announces that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is the type of guy who should not have a ccw permit;

So there was a argument in another forum I got to about loud bike pipes and this biker guy gets all mad and announces that he has a permit as if that makes him a badass, what an idiot, here is what he said:

Originally posted by the biker

i ride a harley... straight pipes no mufflers.. wear all the leather **** for protection... i also have a concealed carry permit and would have no qualms availing myself to my right to defend myself... but then again this is a forum and it's all just talk eh? much like yourself i'm sure... now prove me right and come back with some ranting bull**** that proves to all how tough and bad you are... call me some names or bad mouth my ancestry... looks like another case of "internet balls"....

Assistant Administrator
    I have removed the guy's handle from the quote - just to preserve anonimity.

However - it would seem that here we maybe have the macho, ''gung-ho'' type of CCW - not the sort of person we generally applaud, but sad to say they do exist. Unless that is, he is simply ''challenging'' others of that category - depends how we read it.

There are as we know, folks who can tarnish our good name - whereas we should be presenting ourselves as what we mostly are - responsible law abiding citizens, who happen to take responsibility for our own protection.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    That quote alone makes him seem kinda dumb, but it really leads me to believe that in context it wouldn't sound so bad. It sounds like he was in an argument with someone and it was getting heated.

Was it a gun forum??
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79 View Post
    That quote alone makes him seem kinda dumb, but it really leads me to believe that in context it wouldn't sound so bad. It sounds like he was in an argument with someone and it was getting heated.

Was it a gun forum??
    no, it was a music forum with a lot of anti gun people...

Not that I am taking sides here but, several of the guys I work with have Harley's and they also sid that the straight pipes that make noise are for their protection. Motorcycles as hard to see and if you hear them coming you are more apt to look for them.

We all agree that CCW is for the protection of aurselves and by extension our loved ones. Could we not argue the same for loud pipes on our motorcycle that would otherwise not be noticed visually?

Just a thought

MikeV

WOW................
    (thats it for me)

Quote Originally Posted by elrey718 View Post
    WOW................
    (thats it for me)
    Was it something I said?

"Loud Pipes Save Lives"

I agree with this statment to a point, but usually it's people, or "bikers" repeating what others that have them are saying. I "was" a rider, bike builder and enthusiest for along time. I loved it like I do gun's and self defense but I got burned out by guy's like this one and people not paying attention on the roads as well as all the never ending road construction in Missouri, very dangerous riding conditions to say the least with mixing all the cell phone's, laptop's, PDA's, people putting on there make up, etc, that people are using and doing while driving. Hell, I've seen people reading book's and magizines or the morning paper while driving.

Loud pipes have saved me from going down or run off the road more than once from stupid people. People in car's, truck's & SUV's do not care about people on bikes no matter what make/model it is. Loud pipes help the rider but that is usually second inline to being cool and having a loud bike and letting people know about it. This dude is a fool for even saying anything related to bikes and having a gun permit, what do they have to do whith anything and how are they related? This guy gives both riders and CHL holders a bad name.

Ti.
    Last edited by Ti Carry; September 22nd, 2006 at 05:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Get bigger, not louder

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEV View Post
    We all agree that CCW is for the protection of aurselves and by extension our loved ones. Could we not argue the same for loud pipes on our motorcycle that would otherwise not be noticed visually?
    If motorcycle riders feel that riding in traffic is too dangerous because car and truck drivers can't see them, a more direct approach is to not ride the motorcycle in traffic. Use a car or truck, which are much larger and easier to spot.

My Harley and My Guns...

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    "Loud Pipes Save Lives"
    Loud pipes have saved me from going down or run off the road more than once from stupid people.
    ...This guy gives both riders and CHL holders a bad name.
    Ti.
    I enjoy both. I don't take chances with either. I have loud(er) pipes and a $200 air horn...there are some rather careless drivers our there and both my pipes and horn have helped...

The 'clown' with the threats is to be expected...society requires so many per thousand people.
    He does give both bike lovers and gun lovers a bad name...we'll live with it! Just don't ACT like he does!

Stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    If motorcycle riders feel that riding in traffic is too dangerous because car and truck drivers can't see them, a more direct approach is to not ride the motorcycle in traffic. Use a car or truck, which are much larger and easier to spot.
    Perhaps you would then accept the rational that those who dislike guns, would advise that IF you feel the area outside of your home is so dangerous that you think you need a gun...then forget the gun and just don't go outside your home...

It works both ways...

Respectfully submitted...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Originally posted by the biker

i ride a harley... straight pipes no mufflers.. wear all the leather **** for protection... i also have a concealed carry permit and would have no qualms availing myself to my right to defend myself... but then again this is a forum and it's all just talk eh? much like yourself i'm sure... now prove me right and come back with some ranting bull**** that proves to all how tough and bad you are... call me some names or bad mouth my ancestry... looks like another case of "internet balls"....
    I think you are all missing the point. This sounds like some brash loudmouth making noises about how bad he is... all the leather, etc, AND I have a carry permit... This guy sounds to me like one of those we all know one of, or have seen somewhere who has the permit and makes a point of making sure as many people as possible see his "concealed" wepon...

Just my opinion.
    Charlie
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

I agree Only Glock, a concealed carry permit holder that wants everyone to know-Would that be an oxyMORON?

ride a harley... straight pipes no mufflers.. wear all the leather **** for protection... i also have a concealed carry permit and would have no qualms availing myself to my right to defend myself... but then again this is a forum and it's all just talk eh? much like yourself i'm sure... now prove me right and come back with some ranting bull**** that proves to all how tough and bad you are... call me some names or bad mouth my ancestry... looks like another case of "internet balls"....
    Internet blowhard. Quite possibly not a word of it is true.

With an attitude like that I would predict the following:

1. He is an a-hole when he rides too. This could lead to him creating a large biohazard by leaving critical body fluids and parts all over the highway.

2. Someday he will brag about his gun and willingness to use it to a) someone who will just use his on him or: b) a cop that will take the gun, permit, bike, etc away from him and slap cuffs on him. He of course will most likely let his mouth write checks his a$$ won't be able to cash as he rides off to jail.

Either way, fools like this usually have a habit of taking care of themselves. I am a true believer in Darwin's Theory.
    ""If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying, I either won't need more or, more won't help me.""

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links