Non-Resident pistol permit fingerprint cards?

This is a discussion on Non-Resident pistol permit fingerprint cards? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received my application for my non-resident carry permit from CT. I live in FL, the application was mailed with 3 fingerprint cards. I'm ...

Thread: Non-Resident pistol permit fingerprint cards?

I just received my application for my non-resident carry permit from CT. I live in FL, the application was mailed with 3 fingerprint cards. I'm not sure but are these still acceptable?? I suppose my question is if anyone knows if I need to submit my fingerprints with the cards or electronically at my local dept. of licencing and they will send the prints to the multiple places that need my prints for the application.. My
    sheriffs office website said that the FBI stopped accepting the cards all together. I plan to call around and figure this out if all else fails, thank you for your time.

I would try and contact Connecticut Department of Public Safety who handles the permit issuing at a state level. Goodluck with that though because contacting anyone at a state level in Connecticut is a joke.

Im not sure beyond that though. Considering that they do not recognize any states carry permit, Im surprised they even offer a non-resident permit. Then again its easy money for them.

Another thing, I know at one point for an in state permit you also had to have a local background check by the police in the town you live in. Not sure how if at all that concerns non-residents but it may be something worth knowing.

As far as the paper cards vs electronic. CT is behind on times regarding a lot of things, probably has something to do with it.

Sorry I cant provide any answers with certainty but even when I lived there for 26 years I never understood how or why they do the things they do. Goodluck.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

no prob thanks for taking the time.. I figured ct would be hard to figure out but luckily when I do figure this out a can come back on here post what the deal is and let the next guy like me save some time.

Not a bad idea.

One thing I forgot, be patient. When I said they are behind on how they do things that also adds up to them taking thier sweet time.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

If they want cards, send them cards. Don't overthink it, and follow the letter of what they ask for. If they want to scan the cards in to run them, fine. If they put them in a file someplace, that works too!! The local Sheriff here will do the cards for free - you should be able to find a local LEO that does the same.

You are correct sir. They want the old cards filled out and sent to them, then they will scan them and send them to the FBI. If I did it electronically they said I would
    have had to pay twice. Next step going to the Sheriff office and filling them out thanks for all your help.

Sponsored Links