Scrub carry

This is a discussion on Scrub carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi everybody brand new to the forum, I work in the medical field and I'm always wearing scrubs. Just wanted to find out what my ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scrub carry

Scrub carry

Hi everybody brand new to the forum, I work in the medical field and I'm always wearing scrubs. Just wanted to find out what my best carry options were for me. IWB is out because it will make my scrub pants sag. I will not have my firearm on me at work since it is against the rules, but I get off late at night and it will be in my vehicle. I do most of my shopping very late at night or very early a.m. I'm leaning toward ankle holster. Sorry if this is posted in another forum, but I couldn't find it.

2. Remove Ads

Smart carry would be a good option. I use it under running shorts. It is comfortable and concealing.

Belly band type??? No experience with them but I bet this type of carry would hide easily under a loose scrub top. TONS of different manufacturers and designs. Just a Google away! One that advertises in the back of American Rifleman
    Pistol Wear - Comfortable Concealment Holsters For Concealed Carry Oh, and don't forget about "Thunderwear"! Gun Holsters Glock Holsters Concealment Holsters

Welcome to the forums from South Carolina...ditto on Smart Carry.

Concealment Holster Review: SmartCarry Holster - YouTube
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Welcome. And yep, Smart Carry.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

The ankle holster is too slow for a primary carry method. Besides the SC, your other optioms would be a fanny pack or a messenger bag (Maxpedition or the like). Those are not out of place on someone in scrubs due to the lack of real pockets. You might also get away with a sub compact like the Kel Tec in a good pocket holster and not drag your pants down. One popular option around here is the Kimber Pepperblaster in scrubs. The old model that looked like a big pager or smartphone was better, no printing that looked like a gun. Two "shots" of OC is better than nothing and it weighs so little its easy to carry.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

+1 on the fanny pack. Messenger bag is less "fanny pack" and more man satchel, but fanny pack is probably faster.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Maybe a real lightweight like a Kel-Tec 3AT or Ruger LCP carried in a pocket? Not sure if that's light enough for your scrubs.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
    Hi everybody brand new to the forum, I work in the medical field and I'm always wearing scrubs. Just wanted to find out what my best carry options were for me. IWB is out because it will make my scrub pants sag. I will not have my firearm on me at work since it is against the rules, but I get off late at night and it will be in my vehicle. I do most of my shopping very late at night or very early a.m. I'm leaning toward ankle holster. Sorry if this is posted in another forum, but I couldn't find it.
    Belly band or fanny pack?
    NRA, Lifetime Member

KSP
    If you have a light light gun you can use a remora and it will be serviceable for IWB. A 19 oz model 36 is an absolute no go for IWB. A naa black widow with remora works excellent. A 15 oz 442 with a remora works to some extent if you cinch it tight. Probably can't run around or be vigorous with 442, but walking around it's doable. An issue with IWB scrubs is that the pants do not help secure and squeeze the gun tight. The scrub "belt" is basically the only tension point. You can overcome this limitation by cinching tight, but this is less comfy for sure. I would imagine that a kahr p380 or lcp might work well for IWB/remora. I'll give this a try and comment later.

I have a buddy who is a doctor that is always in scrubs. His problem Is his scrubs are on the tighter side. He chose to go with the belly band and carries a BG380 and loves it. Actually had a death threat the other day and he was glad he was carrying. Nothing happened but the guy had knives and if the police had not arrived when they did that small room would have gotten real small real quick. Good luck!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Wear a pair of shorts with pockets under your scrubs. Pocket carry in the shorts pocket (pocket holster) -- your scrubs won't sag. If you need to, you can discretely cut the bottom out of the scrub pocket (if there is one), to reach your shorts pocket.

This also works as a deep concealment option for people who do not wear scrubs... or for people who want to conceal things other than firearms.

As a nurse, I often run errands before and after work. Belly band and LCP is my preferred carry. Works great under scrubs

Welcome to the DC Forum from Delaware! Good options given in the above posts.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Either a Smart Carry system or Belly Band. The Smart Carry is probably going to work best since it keeps your gun out of the area where someone needing assistance might grab.

BTW, welcome to the forum.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links