Bad! This guy is a real pain in the butt for us who carry responsibly! - Page 3

Bad! This guy is a real pain in the butt for us who carry responsibly!

This is a discussion on Bad! This guy is a real pain in the butt for us who carry responsibly! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In 2000 there were 75,000 alcohol related deaths and 32,000 firearm related deaths. Would it save more innocent lives and bring greater peace and hope ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Bad! This guy is a real pain in the butt for us who carry responsibly!

In 2000 there were 75,000 alcohol related deaths and 32,000 firearm related deaths. Would it save more innocent lives and bring greater peace and hope to all if the anti gun folks shifted their efforts from gun laws to ending the legalization of alcohol. If it really is about the children, then improve their odds by lobbying for prohibition.
    Last edited by CAS_Shooter; August 15th, 2012 at 06:59 PM.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS_Shooter View Post
    In 2000 there were 75,000 alcohol related deaths and 32,000 firearm related deaths. Would it save more innocent lives and bring greater peace and hope to all if the anti gun folks shifted their efforts from gun laws to ending the legalization of alcohol. If it really is about the children, then improve their odds by lobbying for abolition.
    I think perhaps the better word is "prohibition." Although "abolition" is technically an appropriate word, it has taken on a pretty specific connotation in the US...as, of course, has "prohibition." Ain't words fun?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I think perhaps the better word is "prohibition." Although "abolition" is technically an appropriate word, it has taken on a pretty specific connotation in the US...as, of course, has "prohibition." Ain't words fun?
    Point well taken and so edited. The principle remains.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS_Shooter View Post
    Point well taken and so edited. The principle remains.
    Well, it remains...to a point. We already DID prohibition. It resulted in more criminal violence, but certainly not the end of alcohol related death. We have "prohibited" most drugs for decades now, at a cost of untold billions and thousands and thousands of lives, but it hasn't come close to ending drug use, or drug-related deaths (meaning from ODs and other accidents, not violence associated with the drug trade). I think we have learned pretty well that we cannot legislate away something when a LOT of people REALLY want to do that thing. A modern prohibition would be even more of a disaster than it was in the 20's...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Yes,the anti gun crowd will love this. We might not be so upset and shake our heads at this idiot, but this is fuel for the fire.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troutkiller View Post
    Any word on the model of gun?
    It was a glock......................Does it matter?

Disclaimer: glock was only used as a example. Calm down.

Question: As this idiot is picking up his weapon a CC'er in the aisle over sees him (only sees him with the gun in his hand), shoots him because he was flashed by the muzzle (remember this guy is an idiot to discharge his weapon so I wouldn't put it past him to muzzle someone).

Good shoot? Gun pointed in general direction of fellow CC'er and CC'er just heard a shot.

In 6 months he will be claiming he received the wound in Da Nang......

My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

I don't buy the "fell on the ground and went off". That is really hard to do with Glock. On YouTube I have seen people torture them and never saw one misfire due to a drop

Sent via Mental Power

VIP Member
    Not (to anyone's knowledge) a Glock. But yes, no modern firearm will fire from any sort of normal drop. Now, if you try to catch it, and grab the trigger, that's another story. Other information suggests that it went off while he was "sitting on it" or "adjusting it." Reading between the lines, he was fiddling with the damned thing and pulled the trigger. In fact, let's just go ahead and admit that 99.99% of all these "accidental discharges" are from the same cause: He was fiddling with the damned thing and pulled the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Well, it remains...to a point. We already DID prohibition. It resulted in more criminal violence, but certainly not the end of alcohol related death. We have "prohibited" most drugs for decades now, at a cost of untold billions and thousands and thousands of lives, but it hasn't come close to ending drug use, or drug-related deaths (meaning from ODs and other accidents, not violence associated with the drug trade). I think we have learned pretty well that we cannot legislate away something when a LOT of people REALLY want to do that thing. A modern prohibition would be even more of a disaster than it was in the 20's...
    I'm sorry, I was being tongue in cheek. The principle being that prohibition provides just one of many examples of the practical nonsense of the hyper anti gun movement. Pretty much what you said.

There is, however, some level of hypocrisy in being a drinking anti gunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Given this logic, we should get upset whenever someone arrested for DUI has a drivers license. I refuse to spend time fretting over incidents anti-anythings love.
    It's a good analogy, but it goes farther than necessary. AD/ND is more like having an accident driving your car. You can be trained and properly licensed and still have an accident.

What an idiot lol Last time I went to a movie, I kept it safety off hammer back as I will continue to do in theaters from now on but I also positioned it so that it didn't touch the seat and kept it in the holster so that it didn't accidentally snag the trigger. I don't care if it was a Block, that's just careless. That 7 to whatever shots fired must have been the movie lol surprised the "witness" didn't report secret agents running all over

VIP Member
    Just curious, but what type of firearm are you carrying "safety off, hammer back?" I assume you mean hammer cocked, yes?
    10thmtn likes this.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    I don't buy the "fell on the ground and went off". That is really hard to do with Glock. On YouTube I have seen people torture them and never saw one misfire due to a drop

Sent via Mental Power
    glock was used as a example. Wait, I already posted that.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links