Bad! This guy is a real pain in the butt for us who carry responsibly! - Page 6

Bad! This guy is a real pain in the butt for us who carry responsibly!

This is a discussion on Bad! This guy is a real pain in the butt for us who carry responsibly! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Crashoften I'd say he is very lucky this didn't turn out worse. The gun hit the ground and fired upwards it could ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Bad! This guy is a real pain in the butt for us who carry responsibly!

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashoften View Post
    I'd say he is very lucky this didn't turn out worse. The gun hit the ground and fired upwards it could have done a lot more damage from that angle. Also he's lucky he didn't hurt anyone else around him. I also wonder what kind of weapon he had that would go off from that.
    I do NOT think it hit the ground and fired. Be nice to know what kind of gun it actually was.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Just curious, but what type of firearm are you carrying "safety off, hammer back?" I assume you mean hammer cocked, yes?
    I was abstaining from saying "cocked" because I've recently lost some points for unintentional language.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy View Post
    Any way you look at the facts this Bozo is likely guilty of criminal negligence. If he was carrying chambered without a holster in his pocket or his waistband that is not what any responsible person would do. If he was fiddling with it to make himself more comfortable, that too is not what any responsible person would do. If he was careful enough in choosing his clothing/pockets to properly retain his gun, that is not what a reasonable gun owner would do. My guess is that he violated all four basic rules. Idiots like this are a threat to our rights.

In Nevada negligent discharge of a firearm in a public place is a misdemeanor and carries a 6 month/$1,000 fine penalty. This guy deserves the max.
    My guess is that he's one of those who grabs his gun with his finger on the trigger and all that spy action excited him and it went off. Probably hunts with his finger on the trigger and uses his scope for binoculars too.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I was abstaining from saying "cocked" because I've recently lost some points for unintentional language.
    It's not the terminology (or the language), but rather the condition of the pistol. There are no handguns that I'm aware of where the recommended carry conditions is "hammer back, safety off." That's why I asked what type of handgun it was.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links