I Know I'm Preaching to the Choir but...

This is a discussion on I Know I'm Preaching to the Choir but... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Word of warning to any CWP holders making interstate road trips this summer. Always check reciprocity and state laws regarding concealed carry in your vehicle. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: I Know I'm Preaching to the Choir but...

Word of warning to any CWP holders making interstate road trips this summer. Always check reciprocity and state laws regarding concealed carry in your vehicle. I know it sounds simple but it's something that could be easily overlooked and put you in a world of hurt. Not preaching just passing on some wisdom

CJM
    Would you like to go all Paul Harvey and share the rest of the story with us?
    Spidey2011 and ArmyMan like this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Snicker...
    Chief1297 and Civil_Response like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sound advice for all of us. I used to prepare three ring binders for every road trip. Good reminder! Thank you!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I go as far as to print the handgunlaw.us.org pages of the states I will be travelling through and take them with me just in case there is any question.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I just have a small fold-able map of the US with the word "bad" or "good" under each state name. California has been cut out of the map entirely.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Just got back from my vacation in NH. Drove up and back NC - NH. Had to leave my guns at home because of MD, NJ, NY, CT, MA..

That sucked...

Distinguished Member
    I'd detour around those communist states. What's few hundred extra miles?

I don't even go in that direction, I got as far as DC one time and saw that jungle, mess, or what ever u care to call it. That's as far as I got and headed back to my jack rabbit pasture.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

@ oldnfat, There's no detour around around NY,... The final destination is worth the trip.. relaxing at the lake cottage.

Unarmed unfortunately. I wanted to bring the boys because one of my friends wanted to try them out..

He'll have to come to NC instead.

I would just take a detour as well. Unfortunately it is impossible to drive to New England without first travelling through NY

VIP Member
    After I quit driving for one trucking company I threw away my passport and now I no longer travel past the northern border of Virginia and like BugDude I always print and study the regs of the states I will be transiting.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by irbyka76 View Post
    Word of warning to any CWP holders making interstate road trips this summer. Always check reciprocity and state laws regarding concealed carry in your vehicle. I know it sounds simple but it's something that could be easily overlooked and put you in a world of hurt. Not preaching just passing on some wisdom
    Always good advice and good to put it out from time to time since we have new members all the time.
    Rock and Glock and RichB70 like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

When traveling thru non carry states I will lock up my guns per federal travel regs as long as the place I end up staying at is gun friendly
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by blastissimo View Post
    Just got back from my vacation in NH. Drove up and back NC - NH. Had to leave my guns at home because of MD, NJ, NY, CT, MA..

That sucked...
    Coincidentally we'll be taking the same trip, NC to NH as soon as our first grandchild is born in a few months (applause)... So this may be a stupid/newbie question and if anyone can save me hours of scouring many websites/pages... Couldn't you simply store the gun safely in the trunk of the car, unloaded, etc through the "bad" states so as to still have your gun in VT/NH which do recognize our carry permits?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links