Here's a different scenario

This is a discussion on Here's a different scenario within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; About every 6 months I go to this survey thing where they pay me a fair amount of $ for about 2~3 hours of my ...

Thread: Here's a different scenario

About every 6 months I go to this survey thing where they pay me a fair amount of $ for about 2~3 hours of my time to look at prototypes of vehicles and evaluate them. They have a fairly strict policy of no cell phones, cameras, pdas and so on as they have prototypes and pictures of drafted models before they are even a reality.

Anyways, I just went there last night and to my surprise they were using a metal detector to look for electronic devices. They didn't care about my knife and anything like that, they just wanted to protect "commercial secrets" of their client (you theoretically are not even supposed to know what company is sponsoring it, but from the prototype lines and features you can quite often figure that out). Anyways if I was carrying I would be in for a nasty surprise with that metal detector.... and same goes for him. Asking for a separate room (heck there was no rooms and no pat down even) would look weird.....

So what would you do? Pull him aside and show him the CCW permit and tell him you carry? Go back to the car and leave it in the car? Or....?

What I would do.

I'm not overly familiar with the CCW laws in CA (this was in CA wasn't it?) but if it's not a place where CCW is prohibited or it is not posted, I wouldn't wory about it. Upon discovery with the wand I would just explain that it's a legally carried firearm. Note: I always avoid the use of the word "gun". In CA, it doesn't sound that very many people have permits, so the person wanding may freak a little or may not. If they freak out then you'll have to choose between leaving it in the car or leaving without your $'s. But in any event, as long as what you're doing is legal and honorable, which CCW'ing is, I wouldn't let it bother me.

Who knows, you may even get the chance to educate somebody. And that's never a bad thing.

I'd pull him aside and tell him as well as showing my CHL. If they had a problem with it, I'd leave, NO survey for you!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I'd say the above two posts pretty much cover it.

MikeV

They Pay You...

to look at cars?
    What type of degree did you need for this position?

Leave the gun in the car...enjoy the work!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links