Recommendations for IWB holster

Recommendations for IWB holster

This is a discussion on Recommendations for IWB holster within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a quality leather (I don't really like the krydex, seems hard and uncomfortable and like it will hurt the finish of the gun) ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Recommendations for IWB holster

Question Recommendations for IWB holster

Looking for a quality leather (I don't really like the krydex, seems hard and uncomfortable and like it will hurt the finish of the gun) IWB holster. Its gotta have:

-two belt straps/loops/hooks
    -adjustable cant or cant that is set at 15 degrees or more
    -leather
    -IWB
    -preferably a sweat guard
    -fit a S&W M&P Shield

whats the best?
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Look at UBGholsters.com. he makes some very fine holsters, i use the canute, it is double snap, not sure of the cant, he has them for the S&W shield, i am pretty sure, he also makes some fine belts if you do not have a good gun belt, and what i like is the holes are on 3/4 centers, as to most that are on 1 inch cneters....which gives better adjustment. there are a lot of great holster makers out there, but this guy is very decent on prices, and also a good turn around time. Quality all the way....here is a pic of one i have for a glock, which will be a lot larger than the one you will need for the shield, I do recomment the shark trim, it is better than a thick reinforced top on one, and loos really cool, i use all brown on my holsters, the shark is black...IMAG0110.jpg
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

I have a grizzle holster (the town n country) and american holster company holster (invisituck) for my sig p229. They are great for carry and protecting the finish.

I wanted an extra cant for the invisituck and it was no problem (or extra charge) since they are custom made.

tagua and don hume are also viable, less expensive options.

I've bought several holsters from http://www.zlogonje.com, including an IWB for my G26, and am very pleased. They recently added the Shield to their lineup.

Lenwood leather makes a great holster and he will make it all leather for you.
    Check out the new belt that he has. You can hold it out in front of you and it won't sag.

Tried a gazillion of them...no IWB holster feels right to me.

they will all wear on the finish of your gun. leather no slower than anything else. but holster rash is sexy. and it proves your gun is no safe queen. I wouldn't stress too much about it, especially on an inexpensive gun like that. drag that pig across the sidewalk a few times to give it some character and so you can focus on comfort and stability rather than beauty.
    vca2004 likes this.

holster rash is sexy. and it proves your gun is no safe queen.
    Hahaha, so true. I need to take this into consideration and beat her up a little. Good advice. I will look into all the other makers everyone has suggested, thanks guys and gals.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Cross Breed Super Tuck ...
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Milt Sparks IWB with Glock 26
    Attached Images
    Utah Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor

Doesnt meet your two belt hook criteria but I would not buy anything else w/o at least looking at, and watching video reviews of the N82tactical.com holsters. Ive tried All the different types of holsters and this is the most comfortable out of all I have tried.

SMITH & WESSON

Here is a video review of the actual holster for the Shield: N82 Tactical Holster Review- M&P Shield 9mm (Close-Up) - YouTube

Ive had mine for 4 days and I carry a 30 oz 1911 and its awesome.

I'll approach this common question by IWB holsters I prefer by gun model I carry. I've tried quite a few over the nearly 20 years I've been carrying, but these examples have really been used. For Glocks I use Dale Fricke's Archangel AIWB, 1911's are carried In Milt Sparks SSII, thick Sig's seem to conceal better on me in a holster that has offset loops like the Garrett Industries Slim AIWB or the various types of Kydex pancake systems aka Raven/PSS ect.

This is going to be trial and error for you because holsters are such a personal comfort/concealment issue for each individual. Don't overlook the belt, as to me that is the most important part of the system. It is far easier to conceal a handgun with an excellent belt and so-so holster than to have a top shelf holster on a dept. store flimsy pants belt. Anchor a (designed for specific gun you carry) holster on a solid gun belt, dress around the system and you are prime.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I use both Crossbreed Supertuck & Galco King Tuc for my 1911 Colts but the pouches are kydex.

In Jan. of this year I ordered a Milt Sparks VM2 IWB for my Browning Hi Power & well worth the six month wait! This holster truely wins "best of show". Very well made & very very comfy. The side that is next to the skin is horsehide & mostly "sweat proof" the outside is soft but sturdy cowhide. This holster conceals my Browning with ease with a comfort level I never thought possible! The fact that no one will ever see it is a great iorny as this one beauitful rig.

i use WhiteHat Holsters Max Tuck, similar to the CB SuperTuck, but you can order just the kydex for $20 if you change guns, instead of needing to buy a whole new holster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links