extra ammo carry

This is a discussion on extra ammo carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; G'afternoon QKShooter: a San MIguel export? An excellent idea, but basically useable in the dark with 'round nose bullets', other wise do as I have ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: extra ammo carry

G'afternoon QKShooter: a San MIguel export? An excellent idea, but basically useable in the dark with 'round nose bullets', other wise do as I have taught. Open the cylinder, gently, into your left hand then reload it while still holding it in the palm of your left hand. Any dropped cartridges will merely fall into your palm and are easily recovered for a retry. As you spin the cylinder, you will automatically index the next empty cylinder, or rotate the cylinder in proper sequence with one of your fingers. It can be done surprisingly fast

Of course you will then 'gently' close the cylinder, rather than snapping it shut as our movie cowboys do.?

Naturally you will practice this with your eyes closed.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    QKShooter likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    A couple of speed strips in the opposite pocket. That's 17 rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Speed strips or speed loaders either one will work. Speed loaders may be a bit quicker, however they add a little bulk to your dress. If your wearing a shirt untucked though the shouldn't be noticeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by grouse View Post
    When I carry a revolver I also carry speed strips however I would hate to try to have to reload in any kind of hurry with one under fire. Speed loaders are faster but tough for me to conceal bulky bulky bulky!

A small cell phone case can be used.

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by paullie View Post
    Good for you. My wife asked me one time if i really NEEDED my spare mag. i like to show people things when possible, so i pulled my gun, pointed it at the wall and said "bang" and "bumped" my mag release, it fell to the floor, baseplate came off and rounds went everywhere ( that was just a bonus for the demo), i said now what do i do (if no spare mag) she understood that i was screwed if all i had was one mag.
    Yeah i would hate for something like that to happen in a real situation.....But at first ill have an extra 10 rounder but ill most likley get a Glock 19 mag with and extra 15 rounds.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    ...For those who carry a snubbie or other low capacity firearm, how would you feel if your opponent is armed with a High-cap weapon and a reload or two and you missed them with your snubbie/small CCW gun...
    George Adamson (ever see "Born Free"?) was asked for his technique in shooting a charging lion. He replied, "Wait until 10 yards. Don't miss."
    QKShooter likes this.

If I was to ever be in the situation where I would or might need to kill something as large as a lion I would make sure that I had a 10mm with some extra magazines lol

And I defiantly wouldn't wait until 10 yards
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I don't think a 10mm would help you in that situation. I just read a lion hunt story wher a Lioness took 3 good hits from a 450/400 and 2 or 3 from a 458 Lott. She had 2 wound channels through her heart and still mauled a guy's arm pretty bad before the trackers and PH could finish her off. The hunter was having screws and plates put in his forearm to correct the injury.
    marcclarke likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links