Do you feel safe at work? - Page 12

Do you feel safe at work?

This is a discussion on Do you feel safe at work? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ArmyMan Ellsworth Air Force Base: The main runway is within effective pistol range of major roads. Private guns on those roads posses ...

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Do you feel safe at work?

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    Ellsworth Air Force Base: The main runway is within effective pistol range of major roads. Private guns on those roads posses the same hazard to aircraft as guns on the tarmac of a civilian airport.
    So are you saying that the AF does not trust the military ID card holders and CCW folks who you lauded before as responsible? Just kidding. Seriously, is this your own assessment of the why firearms are restricted on an airbase or is that a regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkarl View Post
    That's a funny statement, since you brought up the Army uniform example in the first place.
    It was NotMallNinja in post #147.

Bottom line is that you feel your employer is infringing on your rights.
    Yes.

If they are or are not is debatable.
    Sure.

You claiming that it is your employer's problem is your opinion.
    As my signature says.

Like you, I have my own opinion, that just happens to be similar to lots of others in this thread. If you are not happy with the employer's choice to not allow weapons, find a different employer. As I prepare to retire from the military and begin job hunting, the employer's stance on conceal carry is something I will have to consider. If I don't agree with the employer's position, I can look elsewhere. We all have a choice.
    Some choices are invalid, the choice to ban guns without a need is one, and I can articulate why.

ArmyMan is there some reason you are refusing to answer the questions in my post #93?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    Some choices are invalid, the choice to ban guns without a need is one, and I can articulate why.
    Playing Devil's Advocate (yes, I was going to stop posting on this matter but alas many are playing):

Let's assume I own a business and have several employees whom I do not know particularly well (employees often come and go in my line of work). Since I don't know the employees well I am left with two choices: Permit licensed concealed (or open) carriers or do not allow carriers under my employ, while on the clock, to carry concealed (or open for that matter). I choose not to allow carriers due for a variety of reasons, one of which is that I do not believe the training and licensing process is robust enough. I have a need: I am concerned more about negligent discharges from poor weapons handling and attention to detail than I am about the potential "swordsman or shotgun-in-a-box" criminal.

I too can articulate why and the mere disagreement with my rationale is not enough for your desire to carry to overcome my private property rights.

What you are essentially asking for is that individual rights should trump property rights. Would you support giving Neo-Nazis or the Westboro Baptist nutjobs unfettered access to my land so they might disagree and vocalize their disagreement with my particular background? (I'm Jewish). I'm going to assume the answer is no. If the answer is no you have no leg to stand on with respect to having your 2A rights trump your employer's private property rights as well.

VIP Member
    ArmyMan is there some reason you are refusing to answer the questions in my post #93?

LOL the same reason he will not answer mine or anyone else's direct questions because he is talking out of his butt. I and others have asked several direct questions and it is always the same, he goes off on another tangent, answers the question with a question, or ignores it completely and posts a study that has nothing to do with the question. The simple answer is because he can't.

He does not want an answer to his questions either, he simply wants you to agree with him. Like I and others have said, you are fighting a mute point. The law says they can prohibit firearms at the workplace and their is nothing you can do about it.

And please do not post the same studies, news articles and statistics again we have all read them over and over and they simply do not relate to your viewpoint. It makes no difference if you can keep a gun in your car in whatever state, you can't keep on in your car in your state so get over it.
    You have bounced back and forth from "It is my employers responsibility" to "I talked and listened to a guy on Debate.com and I have decided to just carry and not tell". or my favorite "I have gang bangers after me and my family so I carry every minute, you won't catch me without a gun except when I am riding my Huffy to work to get exercise and then my employer should provide a gun locker".

So whom is protecting you family while you are deployed? Surely you would not have left them with anything less than a trained Ninja concealed carrier or SWAT since the gangbangers are after them.

Does it not seem strange to you that a retired SF Sgt. Major, Army and other military members with 25 plus years, cops, and the average guy on the forum are saying your views are not supported by law, you are a whinebag and to man up with this attitude you cannot be an effective soldier much less lead others. Does that not sink in and bother you?

Hopefully in your job as a FOBBIT you express a better attitude than you do here and hopefully with all the college courses you are taking you will learn the meaning of words and how to spell them. I don't catch a typo on occasion but damn dude.
    NotMallNinja likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post

So whom is protecting you family while you are deployed? Surely you would not have left them with anything less than a trained Ninja concealed carrier or SWAT since the gangbangers are after them.

Does it not seem strange to you that a retired SF Sgt. Major, Army and other military members with 25 plus years, cops, and the average guy on the forum are saying your views are not supported by law, you are a whinebag and to man up with this attitude you cannot be an effective soldier much less lead others. Does that not sink in and bother you?

Hopefully in your job as a FOBBIT you express a better attitude than you do here and hopefully with all the college courses you are taking you will learn the meaning of words and how to spell them. I don't catch a typo on occasion but damn dude.
    I can answer two of the above. I'm sure ArmyMan won't mind. Given how eagerly he has been to take up the cause of speaking for my 2A rights the least I can do is answer a few simple questions on his behalf:

1. Gecko45 has been contracted to look after his family.
    2. No, it does not seem strange to him. ArmyMan might actually be related to Gecko45.

Finally, as you know taking college courses and doing well in them are two different things. Often times a Soldier might attend college classes and find out they really should have attended BSEP first. Perhaps that's something ArmyMan should consider.
    tacman605 likes this.

VIP Member
    OUCH!!!!

Thanks for answering. I read online that his unit rebuilt the MWR and several other things around the camp, they even made a trophy cabinet with sliding doors and the pilots like the camp a lot because of Pizza Hut and other amenities.

On the bright side I was able to local purchase two very nice AK's today and it was taco night in the little chow hall. They even had real sour cream, can't get better than that.
    tricolordad likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Armyman apparently your employer sucks... on our Air Force Base I can carry to work, check in my firearm with the armory when I get to base and then check it back out when I leave work. Im sorry the Army has failed you... shoulda joined a different branch. Please, if you really are an NCO... stop complaining... I cant believe I wasted 10 minutes skimming through this thread just to hear you complain about nothing. I feel perfectly safe at work.

LOL the same reason he will not answer mine or anyone else's direct questions because he is talking out of his butt. I and others have asked several direct questions and it is always the same, he goes off on another tangent, answers the question with a question, or ignores it completely and posts a study that has nothing to do with the question. The simple answer is because he can't.

He does not want an answer to his questions either, he simply wants you to agree with him. Like I and others have said, you are fighting a mute point. The law says they can prohibit firearms at the workplace and their is nothing you can do about it.

And please do not post the same studies, news articles and statistics again we have all read them over and over and they simply do not relate to your viewpoint. It makes no difference if you can keep a gun in your car in whatever state, you can't keep on in your car in your state so get over it.
    You have bounced back and forth from "It is my employers responsibility" to "I talked and listened to a guy on Debate.com and I have decided to just carry and not tell". or my favorite "I have gang bangers after me and my family so I carry every minute, you won't catch me without a gun except when I am riding my Huffy to work to get exercise and then my employer should provide a gun locker".

Lots of hostility here...Although I don't agree with ArmyMan on the feeling safer in Afghanistan bit, which is the one place where I ALWAYS felt mortally unsafe, I can see his concerns. Society sucks but having said that, I can offer him this: the unreasonable man expects everybody else to change to fit his needs. Maybe you should move or stop worrying about it since some bases are just as bad as the cities they are near....just saying.

Now back to the OP...
    I carry at work too. They don't have a policy regarding it, but they do openly oppose it in the verbal sense ("it's unsafe blah blah blah") since some moron brought it up in January. Unlike a few people here, I know better than to advertise it because all it takes is one anti or a problem to arise with a coworker and BOOM there it is! An accusation and a trip to the unemployment line via police car... one of the virtues they teach you in any conceal carry course is that nobody ever need know you're carrying. And the whole don't carry where prohibited thing ARMYMAN lol

Unfortunately for me, I am an outside salesman and I mostly visit City plants and Industrial Pre-treaters who have strict anti-concealed carry rules. That means I can't even have my gun in the truck on those facilities' grounds. Therefore I can't even carry the whole day when I have meetings at those facilities. I'm sure some might say they would carry and leave it in their vehicle anyway but I can't afford to somehow be discovered and lose the chance to do business.

I sure do, I'm retired.

VIP Member
    Wow-ee. 170+ posts! Hey, is this a private fight or can anybody join in?

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Wow-ee. 170+ posts! Hey, is this a private fight or can anybody join in?
    Come on in. Pop corn is popping. Armyman needs some help.

VIP Member
    I am really not trying to be hostile I just get irritated at ignorance.
    21bubba likes this.

I am really not trying to be hostile I just get irritated at ignorance.
    You must be irritated daily. I know I am.

Sponsored Links