Do you feel safe at work?

This is a discussion on Do you feel safe at work? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Harryball Its there right to ban weapons, not only to the general public, but to there employees. You can argue until you ...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Do you feel safe at work?

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Its there right to ban weapons, not only to the general public, but to there employees. You can argue until you are blue in the face, wont matter. It is what it is.

To the OP yea I feel safe at work, we only had one bomb threat this year, so we are doing ok......
    Aside from the fact that gun control doesn't work every time it's tried, in the summer I ride a peddle bike to work as part of my Army PT conditioning (bad knees, I'm sure some on this forum can relate). I can't store a gun on a peddle bike, so by banning me from carrying at work my employer is banning me from lawfully exorsizing my 2A right while off the clock and off their property.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    Aside from the fact that gun control doesn't work every time it's tried, in the summer I ride a peddle bike to work as part of my Army PT conditioning (bad knees, I'm sure some on this forum can relate). I can't store a gun on a peddle bike, so by banning me from carrying at work my employer is banning me from lawfully exorsizing my 2A right while off the clock and off their property.
    Not their problem.
    suntzu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Not their problem.
    Thank you for proving my point

They are doing nothing to your rights. They are exercising there rights as property owners. Everything does not revolve around the 2A, there are other amendments.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Thank you for proving my point
    Logic is not one of your strong points.
    Harryball and suntzu like this.

They are doing nothing to your rights. They are exercising there rights as property owners. Everything does not revolve around the 2A, there are other amendments.
    Their rights only exist on the property. Their rights do not exist off the property. When their policy infringes on someone who is not on the property, not in a company car, or on the clock, the policy is not justified by their private property rights.

Their rights only exist on the property. Their rights do not exist off the property. When their policy infringes on someone who is not on the property, not in a company car, or on the clock, the policy is not justified by their private property rights.
    See what I mean?
    Brad426 likes this.

If they are violating your rights so bad, find another line of work. Otherwise you are whining about something that most here do not have a problem with. Look at it this way, My company has a no firearms policy, however if I bring my weapon and leave it in my car, I am not breaking any laws. They can fire me for it, but no laws are broken. So as I see it, you are on an island, call the skipper he might help ya.....
    suntzu likes this.

If they are violating your rights so bad, find another line of work. Otherwise you are whining about something that most here do not have a problem with. Look at it this way, My company has a no firearms policy, however if I bring my weapon and leave it in my car, I am not breaking any laws. They can fire me for it, but no laws are broken. So as I see it, you are on an island, call the skipper he might help ya.....
    Why would private property rights apply to someone who's not on the private property?

Why would private property rights apply to someone who's not on the private property?
    I assume you work for the military, and while in uniform you are not allowed to carry. Did you look over all the papers you signed when you joined? If you have an issue with the military, you can contact your boss. He is in the white house. Other wise find a new career....

If the above is the case, while you are in uniform you are representing the branch of service you are in. That is why they can ban it.
    suntzu likes this.

I work at a University so no I don't feel safe lol
    ArmyMan and vca2004 like this.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

They don't. You suffer from many things... one just happens to be your mode of transportation.
    suntzu likes this.

Where I work we have armed security (usually fat and out of shape), security check gates for cars, and employees have to scan a badge and go through a turn style. Im forced to disarm and leave the gun in the truck. But they do not check employees on foot coming to and from, only at random times and few and far between. so anyone could easily get a gun in. Its crossed my mind more than once, not to take a gun in but the fact of how easily it could happen. And with enough ammunition a person could easily kill several people before anyone could respond.

I assume you work for the military, and while in uniform you are not allowed to carry. Did you look over all the papers you signed when you joined? If you have an issue with the military, you can contact your boss. He is in the white house. Other wise find a new career....

If the above is the case, while you are in uniform you are representing the branch of service you are in. That is why they can ban it.
    Private property, not government property. And yes I can carry while in uniform. I can't carry while on-base, but I can carry while off-base.

Anyway, I am not in the Active Army. My civilian job is carpentry, and as I said before: in good weather I ride my rather nice peddle bike to work due to a problem with my knees (low to no impact cardio), so as to maintain my Army PT conditioning.

A private employer's policy against no guns at work infringes on employees who aren't bringing their own vehicle to work (perhaps their car is in the shop or they live in an aria where public transit is much more economical), while those people are not on the property.

Is it their policy that prevents you from arming yourself when you leave their property. Or is it possibly your choice to ride a bicycle that is preventing you from doing so?

Michael

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Links