You know you've become effective at proper concealment when... - Page 2

You know you've become effective at proper concealment when...

This is a discussion on You know you've become effective at proper concealment when... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I can do a well fitting t-shirt and basic shorts and no one notices my G26 IWB. IMO it's all about the length of the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: You know you've become effective at proper concealment when...

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I can do a well fitting t-shirt and basic shorts and no one notices my G26 IWB. IMO it's all about the length of the grip. I can't do a G19 with a well fitting shirt because the grip grabs the shirt every time I move, no matter which IWB holster I try, but with the G26 I can do just about anything with any shirt and no one knows a thing.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

My wife knows I always carry and is only surprised when I don't wear it. Last weekend I didn't wear it much because I was on vacation lounging in swim trunks and no shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    Okay, spill it. I gotta know how to do this. What holster and where were you carrying it?

I'd love to figure out a scheme that would let me pack my Glock 19 on my 5'-8" 166 lb body (I can fit a Supertuck in pants with a 34" waist) in shorts and a t-shirt.

Unbuttoned shirt works with my SuperTuck at 4 to 5, but not a t-shirt. I can carry the P238 or LCP in a SuperTuck with an untucked t-shirt and about anything else like shorts, jeans, or pants as long as it has a belt. I'd love to be able to do that with my 19, 26, or 36.

I'm asking. I really want to figure this out. Even if it only works for my G26.

Fitch
    Belly Band from Magills (The Original Belly Band - Magills.com). I use it almost all the time to carry my G30 with all kinds of clothing and both tucked-in shirts and shirts out. My other holster is a Remora ART (https://www.remoraholsterstore.com/S...s.asp?Cat=1814)
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I pocket carry so nobody can ever really tell if I am carrying.
    sliponby and 10thmtn like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

On vacation at the beach a few weeks ago my wife said, "Wow, for the first time in years you're taking a vacation from the work computer AND carrying a gun. What gives?". Standing there in my swimsuit dripping wet I said, "Why would I abandon carrying?". She looked at me funny and I patted my trunks pocket. 442 in a freezer bag in my pocket. All day, in and out of the water. Can be fired from inside the bag.
    Fitch, Badey and DaveH like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Yep ... exactly. Daughter asked me, "why haven't you been carrying any of your guns ? " ..... granddaughter told me "aren't you doing to carry a gun today " ...... all the while, it was right where it should be. This is more often when I was wearing shorts and t-shirts that I think they thought should have made it 'more visible' to them.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member
    I have tried to carry IWB with my CBST wearing a T-shirt. Nope, doesn't work. Prints and T-shirt rides up when I sit. XXL T-shirts too. Maybe a 3X T would work, but it would be so long it would look like a dress. Encouraging someone can pull this feat off.

Not following the exact context of the OP here but I have become more concious of the clothes I buy and my belt budget went up by about $30.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    Wearing a tshirt and shorts is "great pains to absolutely hide the weapon"????

I do live in an open carry state where printing is not a legal issue, but that has nothing to do with my desire to stay completely concealed.
    I never said I wear shorts and a t shirt. There was a time when I piled all sorts of crap on to ensure I didn't let it show. Now, shorts, a t shirt, and a short sleeve button down is about as far as I go. If someone sees it or makes a guess, I no longer care.
    Badey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    On vacation at the beach a few weeks ago my wife said, "Wow, for the first time in years you're taking a vacation from the work computer AND carrying a gun. What gives?". Standing there in my swimsuit dripping wet I said, "Why would I abandon carrying?". She looked at me funny and I patted my trunks pocket. 442 in a freezer bag in my pocket. All day, in and out of the water. Can be fired from inside the bag.
    Nothing says dedication like a freezer bag holster!
    BugDude likes this.

Some very enlightening and humorous comments. I'm 5'11" and it was much easier to conceal back when I weighed 220 than it is now at 185. Being fat definitely helps to conceal, which is good since running probably isn't an option:)

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    I have not worn a "in the pants shirt" since 2004. That's when I got my Permit to carry. If I have to ware a Suit, I use a tuck-able style holster in case I want to take off the jacket. I carry Two Guns, extra Ammo, Flashlight, Knife, Pepper Spray, Wallet, Money Clip, Phone, Ear Plugs extra Batteries for Flashlight and Keys. For the Two times a year I ware a Suit I town down the gear a bit. This is any time of the year any weather.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    My wife says... is that a SHOT GUN in your pocket.....

A few years back I was 2 hours into teaching the classroom portion of a pistol class when during a break I took my pistol out and put it away and retrieved a blue gun for demo purposes. One of the students came up and said "wow...and I've been sitting there the whole time wondering why the instructor did not have a gun on...."

I just smiled and said "concealed" means "CONCEALED".
    CJM likes this.
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You know you've become effective at proper concealment when...

you get out of the shower naked and she doesn't notice your concealing!
    Carrying an NAA .22 in an "uncomfortable holster"?
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links