You know you've become effective at proper concealment when...

This is a discussion on You know you've become effective at proper concealment when... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by multistage I never said I wear shorts and a t shirt. There was a time when I piled all sorts of crap ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: You know you've become effective at proper concealment when...

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    I never said I wear shorts and a t shirt. There was a time when I piled all sorts of crap on to ensure I didn't let it show. Now, shorts, a t shirt, and a short sleeve button down is about as far as I go. If someone sees it or makes a guess, I no longer care.
    So, you wear more cover garments than I do but I'm the one making great pains to absolutely hide the weapon? I guess I just don't get the reasoning behind your first post in this thread. If you don't care about printing or who notices because of the lack of legal ramifications and because open carry is legal, why the short sleeve button down over top the tshirt?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    On vacation at the beach a few weeks ago my wife said, "Wow, for the first time in years you're taking a vacation from the work computer AND carrying a gun. What gives?". Standing there in my swimsuit dripping wet I said, "Why would I abandon carrying?". She looked at me funny and I patted my trunks pocket. 442 in a freezer bag in my pocket. All day, in and out of the water. Can be fired from inside the bag.
    I got a real chuckel out of this. Went upstairs to get some coffee and share the post with my wife. She laughed too then said, "is that extreme?"

To which I replied with no hesitation, "No, extreme would be having the gun in the lunch bag on a string around your neck in the shower."

Fitch
    Arborigine and BugDude like this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

My wife did the exact same thing as the op's. I just looked her with my "who me" look.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    I got a real chuckel out of this. Went upstairs to get some coffee and share the post with my wife. She laughed too then said, "is that extreme?"

To which I replied with no hesitation, "No, extreme would be having the gun in the lunch bag on a string around your neck in the shower."

Fitch
    My first morning on the beach to reserve our cabana for the day the cabana girl forewarned me of the Beach Bandits in St. Pete Beach. They hit bags and purses on the beach for money or anything they can sell or pawn. She told me not to leave anything of value in a bag at the cabana. She said a lot of women will take their rings off and put in a bag with ipods, cameras, etc. Easy haul for somebody that does it every day just watching to see who goes for a quick swim. Fortunately, I just happened to have some double zip lock freezer bags...what a coincidence. Not to keen on leaving it in a beach bag for a kid to find either. I'm just more comfortable with it being in my direct control.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You know you've become effective at proper concealment when...

you get out of the shower naked and she doesn't notice your concealing!
    You've heard of OWB and IWB. What you describe is UFR...Under the Fat Roll.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

When you go to family events that involve hugging and don't worry about a thing.

When I was seeing a guy that I knew had high SA AND was checking out my booty so I knew he was looking closer than most, and it took him all night to find it.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Wife and I went out for ice cream last night. When we entered the shop, she asked me if I had "brought my gun" (she left hers at home). When I answered yes, she said "good, now I know where to sit".

1. I was well concealed
    2. She was using situational awareness...(that part I liked).

We often discuss SA and what if scenarios when we go out to eat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links