Active shooter PSA from the city of houston video

This is a discussion on Active shooter PSA from the city of houston video within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; An interesting video put out by the city of Houston. RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. Surviving an Active Shooter Event - English - YouTube I received this ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Doodle
  • 2 Post By archer51

Thread: Active shooter PSA from the city of houston video

An interesting video put out by the city of Houston.

RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. Surviving an Active Shooter Event - English - YouTube

I received this in an email from a family member and the video in my opinion is not bad...although I am not quite sure what the makers where trying to say by portraying the scene as a building have a 30.06 sign (Texas no guns sign that carries the weight of law). The fact that this was filmed in such a way that the sign was purposely focused on is a little wierd.
    DanielC likes this.

VIP Member
    I agree, good video, one that all business should show and all schools should as well. I agree with everything they showed. First and foremost, if you can escape do so. If you can't try to find a safe place to hide (even if you are armed). If the other 2 options fail, fight and fight hard. Show no mercy and be even more vicious and ruthless than the attacker. Shoot him from where ever you can, and how ever you can. Front, back, side, doesn't matter, and shoot until your gun is empty. Your in a fight for your life with a deranged killer. A shot to the back of the head for him will not get you thrown in jail in an active shooter situation. Not even King Bloomberg would attempt to prosecute someone who stopped an active shooter.
    DanielC and Doodle like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

My step mom also posted this on face book (she works for the Houston Airport System) Run.Hide.Be a badder mammajamma (I used I slightly different word here) with your own handgun than the guy trying to kill you...that's how I would have worded it, my ways not to pc though.

Distinguished Member
    Maybe I am seeing a different take on the 30:06 sign. Maybe it was shown in the video to show no one inside the bldg. would have a gun to fight back with. If the BG has the only gun, things go south pretty quick. All you would have to fight with is what you could pick up and try to bash him with. Perhaps a "part two" video with several CCW people pulling guns and shooting the BGs butt off? I'd like to see that one. Nah, never happen, they wouldn't dare make it. Not PC.

I like the video. Finally a little common sense prevails. Telling people to take action instead of telling them to remain calm and do everything the BG tells you to do because he's just a misunderstood victim of society and means you no harm. Hug him if you can. It even tells people to improvise weapons!

In a silent way I think focusing on the sign portrays how a no-gun zone creates a defenseless killing field for the deranged killer. We can only hope that this is an indication that people are starting to realize that you must defend yourself. Hopefully people that view this video will start to think it would be better if they had a gun instead of a fire extinguisher or a chair to defend themselves in a gun fight. There are too many victims out there that bought into the 'Kumbah Ya' thing.

Of course they didn't show how the confrontation with the gunman turned out for the guys with the chair and the extinguisher. Kinda like the guy with the swiss army knife that bravely charged the grizzly bear.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Already posted numerous times since the Aurora shooting, e.g. here: Good: Houston releases video on how to react to active shooter.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    It's about time someone used some common sense. However if you are armed and can stop the perp from shooting others shouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Already posted numerous times since the Aurora shooting, e.g. here: Good: Houston releases video on how to react to active shooter.
    Sorry, can you merge?

Very nice video. I have forwarded it to several friends and loved ones.

Links