Another one for the good guys.

This is a discussion on Another one for the good guys. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good luck finding wide coverage of this. Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store - ABC4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By zonzin
  • 2 Post By OldVet

Thread: Another one for the good guys.

Peoples Protectorate of Kaliforniya, gulag NorCal

Another one for the good guys.

Good luck finding wide coverage of this.

Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store - ABC4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - A citizen with a gun stopped a knife wielding man as he began stabbing people Thursday evening at the downtown Salt Lake City Smith's store.

Police say the suspect purchased a knife inside the store and then turned it into a weapon. Smith's employee Dorothy Espinoza says, "He pulled it out and stood outside the Smiths in the foyer. And just started stabbing people and yelling you killed my people. You killed my people."

Espinoza says, the knife wielding man seriously injured two people. "There is blood all over. One got stabbed in the stomach and got stabbed in the head and held his hands and got stabbed all over the arms."

Then, before the suspect could find another victim - a citizen with a gun stopped the madness. "A guy pulled gun on him and told him to drop his weapon or he would shoot him. So, he dropped his weapon and the people from Smith's grabbed him."

By the time officers arrived the suspect had been subdued by employees and shoppers. Police had high praise for gun carrying man who ended the hysteria. Lt. Brian Purvis said, "This was a volatile situation that could have gotten worse. We can only assume from what we saw it could have gotten worse. He was definitely in the right place at the right time."

Dozens of other shoppers, who too could have become victims, are also thankful for the gun carrying man. And many, like Danylle Julian, are still in shock from the experience. "Scary actually. Really scary. Five minutes before I walk out to my car. It could have been me."

Police say right now they have no idea what caused the suspect to go on the dangerous rampage. (We will update as soon as we learn new information.)

So far, police have not released the names of the suspect, the victims or the man who pulled the gun.
    RichB70 likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - Second Amendment T-Shirts

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ - Go Greek. Lifetime member Kappa Kappa Bang (KKB) Fraternity

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    That sure could have gone worse quick. Your right that story sure won't get much if any air time.

Holy Smokes. People are insane!
    Thanks for sharing because, as you said, the MSM isn't going to spread the word.
    "The Second Amendment isn't about protecting ourselves against criminals. It's about all of us protecting ourselves from all of you." ---Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp to Congressman Charles Schumer (D-NY), 1994**

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Police say the suspect purchased a knife inside the store and then turned it into a weapon. Smith's employee Dorothy Espinoza says, "He pulled it out and stood outside the Smiths in the foyer. And just started stabbing people and yelling you killed my people. You killed my people."
    Yeah. Soccer moms from the neighborhood grocery killed his people. Abort/Retry/Fail, I'd say.

Kudos to the citizen for standing up to the attempted murderer.

Kudos to the store staff for stepping in to subdue/detain the guy.

Kudos to the police for praising everyone.

And kudos to the Utah citizens for recognizing an absolute good, compliments of a gun-wielding citizen.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    This one's been bouncing around for a while. Still, it shows it's nice to have a CC'er around who's not totally into the "me and my loved ones" mentality.
    10thmtn and kmagnuss like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

To be honest I don't know if I would have told the man to drop it first. What if he drops the knife and then as crazy as he was acting, he comes at you unarmed but out of his mind? I'd feel better and more justified double taping him while the knife was still in his hand.
    Live for today because no one promised you tomorrow!!

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Glad to hear there was a good guy around. I just want to know more about the person doing the stabbing.

this happen back in april and it has been on here. you just can't trust the internet with dates. it catches me all the time

By Erin Alberty And Stephen Hunt The Salt Lake Tribune

Published April 30, 2012 5:00 pmUtah Local News - Salt Lake City News, Sports, Archive - The Salt Lake Tribune

He'd have been shot first, before he could stab anyone else.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

It's always good to hear about a situation being stopped before things got too out of hand. And it's equally nice to see that legal gun carriers are getting a fair, and even a positive treatment from the media (at least this one time).

Links