BAD: Loaded gun left in car taken....

BAD: Loaded gun left in car taken....

This is a discussion on BAD: Loaded gun left in car taken.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not a good thing..... Florida Man Mike Maisonnueve Learns Lesson After Loaded Gun Stolen From Car | Video | TheBlaze.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BAD: Loaded gun left in car taken....

Lock the car, better yet, take the gun back into the house with you. I only leave my gun in the car for very short periods of time, then only in a COM safe which is locked, inside a locked car. Not perfect, but best I can do.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Messed up that the cops are looking to charge the person who brought it to the owner's attention.
    vca2004 likes this.

Was only a couple weeks ago down here a guy left a gun in an unlocked vehicle,his surveillance camera showed a guy in late teens checking car doors,opened truck door and within about 30 seconds had got the gun and a GPS unit.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Gun Stolen...Gun Returned

Quote Originally Posted by jcohen24 View Post
    A Port St. Lucie man says he learned a valuable lesson in gun safety after his stolen gun was secretly returned—with a disturbing message.

Mike Maisonneuve told local police that a gun with bullets and a knife were stolen from his unlocked car in his driveway, WPBF-TV reports.

But when he started to go back into his house, he noticed a bag next to the door with words scrawled on both sides.

One side read: LOADED GUN unlocked car = STUPID!!

The other side read: LOTS of children in area.

Inside the bag were his gun and the knife. But no bullets.

"I learned a lesson, a valid lesson" Maisonneuve told the television station. "I should not carry a loaded firearm in my car.

"My mind's been other places the last week or so. I thought I locked my car. Apparently I didn't," he said.

Florida man learns lesson when stolen gun returned with a message | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Good lesson..Never leave your gun in an unlocked car!!!!!. He was Lucky!!.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    "I learned a lesson, a valid lesson" Maisonneuve told the television station. "I should not carry a loaded firearm in my car.
    Sounds like he didn't really learn the lesson here.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Already running here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...car-taken.html

Merging threads.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Reminds me to be a little OCD about making sure my car is locked. Note that I always lock my car and home but this guy stated in the article that he THOUGHT he locked the car.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    These "crimes of convenience" are a major problem in this same area. The police are always advising folks to lock vehhicles and leave no valuables inside them. Doh!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Leaving a (presumably hidden) loaded gun in an unlocked vehicle is dumb.

About as dumb as leaving a gun sitting outside, unattended, with a note about all the kids in the area.

Lessons need to be learned on both sides of this equation, and yes, the note-leaver should be charged.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Don't see very many ethical burglars out there. Seems to me this was someone out there trying to make a point which makes wonder if this was someone who knows the guy. The person knows this guy leaves guns in his car and maybe has a habit of leaving the car unlocked. Nice M&P by the way.
    mlr1m and minimalbrat like this.

Leaving a firearm in a car locked or unlocked is never a good Idea in these times. To pop a window on a locked door is as easy as using your key. We had a Police chief here in Carlisle Pa. had his service weapon stolen out of his unmarked patrol car in his driveway. There was no sign of forced entry. Come to find out that the chief's own son stole the weapon to buy heroin, and he used his dad's key-fob unlocker to get into the car. They arrested the son and the guy he sold the gun to, but it hasn't been found yet. It's probably changed hands 5 times by now....

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHB View Post
    Leaving a (presumably hidden) loaded gun in an unlocked vehicle is dumb.

About as dumb as leaving a gun sitting outside, unattended, with a note about all the kids in the area.

Lessons need to be learned on both sides of this equation, and yes, the note-leaver should be charged.
    In some cases you have no choice but to leave your EDC in your car. But when you have a choice, the obvious one is to not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    Don't see very many ethical burglars out there. Seems to me this was someone out there trying to make a point which makes wonder if this was someone who knows the guy. The person knows this guy leaves guns in his car and maybe has a habit of leaving the car unlocked. Nice M&P by the way.
    This is exactly what went trough my mind when I read the story. Someone who knows him making a point.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links