Ohio House Session on HB 495, 3 items they want to change on CCW Rules.

This is a discussion on Ohio House Session on HB 495, 3 items they want to change on CCW Rules. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Ohio Channel | Media The media link above, should take you to the Ohio House June 13, 2012 session on HB 495. See Mahoning ...

Thread: Ohio House Session on HB 495, 3 items they want to change on CCW Rules.

The Ohio Channel | Media

The media link above, should take you to the Ohio House June 13, 2012 session on HB 495. See Mahoning Rep. Bob Hagen, Trumbull County Tom Letson, and Cuyahoga Foley make you wish they were not your Rep. Have to watch the full HB 495 to enjoy....
    "For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know."
    -- Willie "Bo" Nelson, Mancelona, MI

Gun Control means using both hands."
    -Unknown

Glock 23, CZ P01, S/W 60, S/W 642

Well, there are some parts of the state that continuously elect reps who I would not want as my rep. Thankfully, I don't live in those areas, and generally the ideas held by those reps are in the minority, which means the new laws that have been passed in regard to the CHL laws have been positive.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

My head hurts when listening to the ignorant antis come on with their ignorant arguments.

Can you tell us the outcome?
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    ...Can you tell us the outcome?
    Yes, please keep us updated. We should all be concerned about issues that will negatively impact our freedoms, even those that seem far away from us and affect a relative few.

VIP Member
    I'll admit I was bored this morning and watched the complete video of the proceedings. While I don't agree with the views of Rep. Letson, or Foley, I will say they appeared to have at least looked at and read the bill, and at least addressed what it said. Rep. Hagan on the other hand is a rabid anti. I'd be willing to bet he didn't even read the bill. It had the word gun in it, so it has to be bad. He's the type of individual, that if his life were being threatened, and a concealed carrier saved him, would find some way to twist it and blame the conceal carrier.

For those who didn't watch it all the way, the bill passed. Not sure if it was/will be signed into law, but there were not enough votes to override a veto of it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    For those who didn't watch it all the way, the bill passed. Not sure if it was/will be signed into law, but there were not enough votes to override a veto of it.
    The bill still has to pass the Senate, currently on summer recess. Then, because many of the senators need to campaign this Fall for reelection, almost no sessions are scheduled. If the bill does not pass the Senate prior to 12/31, it is dead and the process has to start all over again. Passage is slim due to the limited number of sessions.

It wouldn't hurt if Ohioans contacted his/her state senator to express support for the bill, which I intend to do after the Labor Day holiday when all the legislative staffers will be working more regular hours. If you have never contacted your state representative or state senator to express support for pro-gun bills, then you are part of the problem.

Sponsored Links