The Right to Keep and Bear Arms—CCW Explanation HD VIDEO

This is a discussion on The Right to Keep and Bear Arms—CCW Explanation HD VIDEO within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I put this video together for the purpose of informing my friends, family and others why I choose to exercise my right to keep, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Right to Keep and Bear Arms—CCW Explanation HD VIDEO

I put this video together for the purpose of informing my friends, family and others why I choose to exercise my right to keep, and bear, arms. It is a concept that seems strange, foreign and even a bit weird to people who have never thought through the issues carefully.

How have you helped people understand your position on the Second Amendment? What have you found to be the most helpful way to move a conversation in a positive direction when these issues come up?

Here's the video.
    GH likes this.

Thank you for the video, I agree with you fully.

GH
    Good job, Pastor! I see absolutely nothing wrong with a clergyman carrying a weapon. My pastors are probably the type to do so. Unfortunately we can't legally carry in my church because it's attached to our Lutheran school. WI state law makes that a felony whether school's in session or not & it also covers all school property. Our School Board & Pastors checked on that when our CC law was to be put into effect last November.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Interesting! That would make sense, I mean, I can see how that would be a legal problem. By the way, thank you for your service to our country, Sarge!

Good video.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

You won't see no Catholic’s priest’s making videos.... its one thing carrying it; it’s another bragging about what you carry. God said "an eye for an eye" not show me your weapons of death

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
    Interesting! That would make sense, I mean, I can see how that would be a legal problem. By the way, thank you for your service to our country, Sarge!
    Thank you for your service to our Lord & to your flock, Pastor!
    Glenn

Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Thank you for posting the video. I'm trying to convince my pastor to get his CCP. I'm the only one carrying at church right now and I could use some backup

Keep up the good fight, both in the physical and spiritual senses.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Thank you for posting the video. I'm trying to convince my pastor to get his CCP. I'm the only one carrying at church right now and I could use some backup

Keep up the good fight, both in the physical and spiritual senses.
    If your pastor preaches from a pulpit he'd have a height advantage with you at floor level. Of course he might also be the first target being the most prominent one, lol.(Armored pulpit?)
    Glenn

Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    If your pastor preaches from a pulpit he'd have a height advantage with you at floor level. Of course he might also be the first target being the most prominent one, lol.
    That's why he should be carrying. It's possible for some loon to come in and go on a spree, but I would assume that the preacher might be the main target for someone coming in to do some damage. I always sit in the back just in case someone barges in flashing something other than a Bible
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Administrator
    Good sermon.
    Praise the Lord & Pass The Ammunition.
    Ransom likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

GH
    By all means pass the ammunition, Pastor. That stuff is getting expensive!
    Glenn

Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Nice video, but the camera jiggle was annoying.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Excellent apology (defense) of the God-given right/obligation of self/family defense.
    I too am a pastor, and have seen enough over the years to know how many unstable and/or criminal folks are out there.
    Thanks for the video.
    +1 on the G26!!
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Good job, Pastor! I see absolutely nothing wrong with a clergyman carrying a weapon. ... Unfortunately we can't legally carry in my church because it's attached to our Lutheran school.
    Ditto, Good job.

Ditto, any church in Virginia that has a K-12 school on the same property.

(Note: Pre-school, daycare, after-school programs etc do not stop carry -- here in Virginia.

Also, adjacent property can confuse the issue, check how the deeds are recorded. Some times churches buy multiple lots in a development that create interesting tax and law situations. )
    Last edited by DaveH; August 26th, 2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: fixed confusing wording
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links