lawyer on speed dial? - Page 2

lawyer on speed dial?

This is a discussion on lawyer on speed dial? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Having a lawyer on retainer that you KNOW & knows YOU is like having your accountant with you at an IRS audit, your doctor meet ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: lawyer on speed dial?

Having a lawyer on retainer that you KNOW & knows YOU is like having your accountant with you at an IRS audit, your doctor meet you at the emergency room or playing poker at your plumber's house. The precious immediacy of NEEDING any of those service-providers is NOT the time to be trying to FIND one.

Would you rather be scouring the Yellow Pages or rather simply be saying, "Hey Ben, this is Chris, I need you right away."?
    miller_man likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    But on "Speed Dial"? Come on...
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMick View Post
    I respectfully disagree. If one is involved in a shooting, the person he or she wants to contact immediately is a GOOD lawyer. The time to do a thorough search is when you HAVE time. To each his own, but I prefer to have a contact on speed dial on my phone and my wife's. Trying to find a lawyer from jail, or have your wife find one while you're cooling your heals isn't how I want to handle it. But that's just me.
    "Hello, dear--call Mr.s so-and-so and tell him I need his services." "And Hurrrrrry!"
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

If one travels one would have to have a number of lawyers for the given states traveling through.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "Hello, dear--call Mr.s so-and-so and tell him I need his services." "And Hurrrrrry!"
    Now you get it! I don't want to spend any more time than necessary in jail. Would you?

thanks for all the replies. i hope i never need a lawyer, but am going to check into having one i can call, if and when i would need one. in a perfect world lets hope we all never need one for a shooting. stay safe all .

Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    If one travels one would have to have a number of lawyers for the given states traveling through.
    Balderdash! My lawyer will find me a lawyer if I find myself in an interstate bind. That's part of his retainer. What's he gonna' say "Sorry pal, I'm not licensed to practice across the river. Looks like you're on your own."?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

One of the reasons that I joined the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network is that they maintain a list of lawyers presumably knowledgable about firearms law and self defense, throughout the country. They have an emergency telephone number you can call and they will put you in touch with a network lawyer in whatever jurisdiction you are in.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links