Change it around

This is a discussion on Change it around within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; . let's change the circumstances around on that shooting that just occurred in Manhattan with all those innocent bystanders being shot by the good guys, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Change it around

Change it around

. let's change the circumstances around on that shooting that just occurred in Manhattan with all those innocent bystanders being shot by the good guys, let's just say you are in a city that allows concealed carry and the same event unfolded in front of them and you have two citizens who concealed carry and they see this event unfold in front of them ((((and then they see the weapon being pointed towards them))))) and they do not have a bulletproof vest on, and those two good citizens fire their 16 rounds and produce the same results the bad guy goes down and multiple hits on innocent people. Now visualize what would happen how this city and the anti-gun people would be tearing apart the gun culture saying this is why a citizen should not have firearms because they are not highly trained like our police , talk about double standards do as I say not as I do or whatever else they are telling the people, all I know is if citizens did what those police officers did more than likely they would be in jail for a long time**and would be made an example Out of, and this is why citizens should not have guns because they are not trained how to use them like a police officer, that police officers are highly skilled marksman with extensive training and they are trained how to evaluate their surroundings and can make a decision in a millisecond whether to make a good shooting or not that will not put the public life in jeopardy.. All I know is if two citizens did what these two cops did we would never hear the end of it

2. Remove Ads

Paragraphs man, paragraphs...

Now, in response to your quite valid rant....
    It is not the police who are to blame... And in fact, not even the guns are culpable... (surprise surprise).

According to the Most Royal Royalness, Hizzhonor the Mayor of Gotham (AKA NYC) Mr. Michael Bloomingidiot... It wasn't even the bullets and possible fragments of them that did the regrettable damage to innocent citizens... it was flowerpots.

Yes folks, chunks of flowerpots that were propelled into the innocents by the very bullets used by the expert marksmen on the NYC police force.

Rest assured, Hizzhonor is, at this very moment, working to get city crews to remove potted plants in flower pots from all public areas...

Though it grieves him sorely to do so (as they are relatives of his)... He knows that they are a danger to the public and must be outlawed within the city limits.

Fear not Big Apple, "Bloom Bloom" is on the case and will save you from all evil...
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I feel a public outcry for the immediate registration & licensing of flowerpots is in our very near future. Something has to be done about flowerpot violence in this country!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

We are not going to hear the end of it, not because of the officers mistakes, but because of the weapon the BG used. The spin is spun......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    We are not going to hear the end of it, not because of the officers mistakes, but because of the weapon the BG used. The spin is spun......
    Yup, the damage is done and reporters aren't really looking to get their facts straight.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

So, is the OP saying that it would only be the anti's that would go beserk if it were CC'ers that missed and hit all the bystanders? I would go beserk also.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    So, is the OP saying that it would only be the anti's that would go beserk if it were CC'ers that missed and hit all the bystanders? I would go beserk also.
    Come on man, get with the times... a few wounded innocent bystanders is just the price you have to pay to take out the bad guys. Didn't you read any of the He-Man posts after the Aurora shooting? Think how many would-be victims were saved by, you know, shooting would-be victims. I mean, it sounds dumb when you see it in writing, but that's just how it is.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Come on man, get with the times... a few wounded innocent bystanders is just the price you have to pay to take out the bad guys. Didn't you read any of the He-Man posts after the Aurora shooting? Think how many would-be victims were saved by, you know, shooting would-be victims. I mean, it sounds dumb when you see it in writing, but that's just how it is.
    I guess the answer to the question about strays being acceptable is yes then. At least in the eyes of the NYPD and their overlord.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    What ifs, what ifs, what ifs... Obviously, it's time to disarm some LEOs until they learn to shoot safely on crowded public sidewalks.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I understand the OP's rationale but the circumstances are not the same. At first brush to me the issue is why the officer's conduct is not suspect given the number of rounds fired. The police should be held to the same standard of proper muzzle awareness and trigger control that the rest of us are held to. Just because they "got their guy" does not make their conduct acceptable to me.

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I feel a public outcry for the immediate registration & licensing of flowerpots is in our very near future. Something has to be done about flowerpot violence in this country!
    When flowerpots are outlawed only outlaws will have flowerpots.
    multistage likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    I can see a run on the Hommie D garden department already!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    What? You mean you ain't there already? ;-)

From what I have seen at the range a bunch of CC'ers might not have fared any better.

flower pot kill shot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links