Progress in Illinois?

This is a discussion on Progress in Illinois? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; IL County Attorney Pushing to “Decriminalize” Concealed Carry in His State | Guns Save Lives One attorney in IL is taking steps to insure that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Progress in Illinois?

VIP Member

Progress in Illinois?

IL County Attorney Pushing to “Decriminalize” Concealed Carry in His State | Guns Save Lives

One attorney in IL is taking steps to insure that law abiding citizens would be able to protect themselves in public.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

I wish the oppressed people of Illinois the best. How they put up with that, I'll never know.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

Good Luck! ( I should know from Wisconsin.)

with the Chicago Machine in place?? Good luck....never gonna happen for Illinois.
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

GH
    I really feel for the people of Il. Until they throw the bums out of office I can't see this happening anytime soon. Although you never know - even in WI after a Republican Governor & Legislature were voted in, some Dems voted for the Concealed Carry Law. That made us the 49th state to get concealed carry. We even got the Castle Doctrine. I never thought I'd live to see it.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I wish him the best of luck

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Already running
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    I wish the oppressed people of Illinois the best. How they put up with that, I'll never know.
    I sure do share your comment. We in Wisconsin had the same situation with past political parties in power. Change in leaders worked for Wisconsin could work for Illinois.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

My wife was born and raised in Springfield, IL, the REAL Capital, not Chi-Town.

However the massively corrupt big ol' Chicago political machine is still running the show and unless very large numbers of Illinois voters across the state really do get out and vote some representatives in office that will challenge and overturn what Chicago thugs have put into place, then the answer is NO, the citizens of Illinois will be clamped down by them.

Many residents outside of Chicago are gun enthusiasts and really want to see "hope and change" but it may take an armed revolution to oust the people who really run things from the town on Lake Michigan.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

If you search around, you will find a lot of horrid stories about the crime in Chicago. It's bad. Apparently, it's normal though - because for so many murders, it doesn't seem to get any nation-wide coverage. But if the same amount of murders in a day happen somewhere else, say ... Maine, it would certainly be national news. Why a government set up "for the people" would take self-defense weapons away is very beyond any logic. Why would I even want to drive through their crime-ridden city?

I am really glad this attorney is taking a stand to this. It's admirable when people stand up for righteousness against all odds.
    bandrich and GH like this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Unfotunately. this is only one of the state attorneys. Unless the others follow him, citizens are still in legal jeopardy if they violate the laws he wants to ignore.

Well, it's nice to be the very last to do something. It's a wonder every criminal in the Country has not moved to Illinois for a better work environment.

I wish the lawyer in the post the best of luck, he's swimming upstream!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Already running
    Can you please post where it's running? I searched before posting.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Get out before you become a diseased piece of garbage like that pile of dung in the whitehouse and his sickly looking pile of dung friend running chicago.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    My wife was born and raised in Springfield, IL, the REAL Capital, not Chi-Town.

However the massively corrupt big ol' Chicago political machine is still running the show and unless very large numbers of Illinois voters across the state really do get out and vote some representatives in office that will challenge and overturn what Chicago thugs have put into place, then the answer is NO, the citizens of Illinois will be clamped down by them.

Many residents outside of Chicago are gun enthusiasts and really want to see "hope and change" but it may take an armed revolution to oust the people who really run things from the town on Lake Michigan.
    "Hope and Change",HAHAHAHA...Yeah Right!!!. Hope you didn`t drink the Cool-Aid. You need a Revolution there,maybe ala the French one. Americans don`t eat cake.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links