carrying at a wedding is tacky - Page 2

carrying at a wedding is tacky

This is a discussion on carrying at a wedding is tacky within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd carry, but I also wouldn't admit it....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: carrying at a wedding is tacky

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I'd carry, but I also wouldn't admit it.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

VIP Member
    I finally picked up a Smart Carry per some advise here... that's my Sunday go to meetin' rig so's I don't get busted from all the huggers and doubles for weddings too!
    I carry my S&W 640 in it though... so I don't look too studly!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    I'll be carrying at a wedding on 9/30. I'll be the guy up front asking the Bride and Groom "Do you take . . ." Yup, I'll be performing the ceremony. The only problem I have is that I'll be wearing a robe - the robe is great for concealing, but wreaks havoc with trying to draw.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Carrying at Weddings,etc.

Carrying has nothing to do with etiquette or style.Its a protective measure to try to shield our loved ones and ourselves from injury or death if the unthinkable happens.And it happens every moment of the day ,somewhere.
    Anyone who views carrying a concealed weapon at a wedding,funereal,bar mitzvah,christening or whatever as tacky is not thinking realistically.
    This person needs to be taken aside and shown some real life scenarios like Lubys Cafeteria in Lubbock,McDonalds in San Diego,the Texas Tower in Austin ,Columbine in Colorado,Howard Unruh in Camden,N.J.,
    ad infinitum and maybe then he or she will realize when big trouble happens it happens fast anywhere,anytime and usually with no warning whatsoever.None of the dead in those events had any inkling of disaster.
    Again ,carrying a gun by law abiding citizens is not a question of etiquette or fashion .
    It's a God given inalienable right that every able bodied American should be able to exercise every single day.

VIP Member
    I would carry.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

A Wedding is just another social function with many strangers whom I wouldn't know. Of course I carry one can never be to safe.

My wife and I will be attending a wedding on the 7th of October down in Alabama and I and my wife will be packing. No one else needs to know.

Why wouldn't we?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    I'll be carrying at a wedding on 9/30. I'll be the guy up front asking the Bride and Groom "Do you take . . ." Yup, I'll be performing the ceremony. The only problem I have is that I'll be wearing a robe - the robe is great for concealing, but wreaks havoc with trying to draw.
    870 on a scare strap. If your sleeves are done right, you could "turtle" your arms inside and be really quick and sneaky.

Make sure the material's not too flammable, though.

My fiance is making my outfit for our wedding next month, and since it's a civil war theme, carry is pretty much a given. Of course, the sizing will also be worked around an IWB 1911, so we won't have to rely on single action cap and ball weapons as anything but decorations. The best man is, of course, already on orders to be properly armed as well.

We dropped the idea of incorporating live fire excercises into the rehearsal, though. That might actually border on tacky.

Lew
    Any one remember the beginning of Kill Bill? I would carry....
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

I would carry if I could.

I live in MD, The night of my wedding as our reception guests were leaving the reception facilities. The news was reporting that our local PD was searching a shopping mall property for the "Beltway Snipers". This Shoping Mall was 3 mins away by car. I wish I had something with me that night.

MikeV

I was packing at my wedding.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Stating your political / personal opinions on touchy subjects at a wedding is tacky.
    Give that man a cigar! That would have been the perfect response at the time.

Luckily we all know that a criminal would ignore a wedding. There are only large amounts of envelopes with cash... ex-lovers marrying someone else... car jackings on the way to or from...

Do I think something will happen, no. I also doubt anything will happen on any given day I wake up but I still take precautions like paying my medical insurance and wearing a seat belt.

Call me tacky also i was carrying at my sons wedding this past weekend and i was best man also.

I'm just a tacky guy. My son got married in August and it was a perfect opportunity for my SmartCarry. Danced all night.
    "Take what you have with what you are, make something of it, and never be satisfied." G.W. Carver

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    It appear that none of you have heard of the famous "Arkansas Shotgun Wedding". I understand they are quite popular in Arkansas and points east. Would a shotgun or pistol pointed at the back of the groom be considered carrying?

Jungle Work
    Graduate: University of South Vietnam-
    School of Jungle Warfare

CURRAHEE My Brothers In Blood

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links