carrying at a wedding is tacky - Page 3

carrying at a wedding is tacky

This is a discussion on carrying at a wedding is tacky within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What I got was that his cousin deftly deflected the question with a remark that didn't really answer the original question. I assumed by that ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I read Jay's post a little differently, I guess

What I got was that his cousin deftly deflected the question with a remark that didn't really answer the original question. I assumed by that answer that he was indeed carrying.

Jay, what's "the rest of the story?"
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

Carrying at a wedding is tacky???

Tell that to Beatrix Kiddo. :shuriken: :samurai01:

BINGO to woodstock!!!!

He did not directly deny he was packing. He said it was tacky. He painted a picture without being overtly dishonest. The assumption of the questioner was that he was not packing.

It is like the wildlife TV shows where it pans from lion/lioness/tiger to gazelle, back and forth, back and forth. Just about everyone thinks it is a chase, when in fact the film could be taken at different times. We, as humans, fill in the missing pieces w/ our assumptions/paradigms.

I carried at my wedding. So did the pastor and the organ player and my brother in law and my wife's uncle.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I was recently best man in a wedding. The groom, groomsmen, and myself all love guns. The bride was cool with guns. Almost every one of us carries, but none of us carried on that day. Too many eyes in front of too many people, and we decided that discretion was the better part of valor as we chose to make the bride's day as memorable as possible, void of printing incidents that could cause cardia arrest in some members of the audience.
    Right makes might - Abraham Lincoln

BUT, I do carry as a guest at weddings. Just as long as I don't plan on getting too "jiggy with it" at the reception.
    Right makes might - Abraham Lincoln

Sadly, I've been banned from carrying at my wedding. Although, it's the only time she's made a big deal about it, so I guess I can let her have this one. I'll make sure one of the groomsman is packing though.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvibe View Post
    I know a couple people like that. One of them in particular I always tell them that i'll be carrying at their funeral. It REALLY pisses her off.
    I guess I have a couple of people I want to make sure they stay dead too. So I will be carrying a wooden stake and silver bullets just to be on the safe side

I always carry where it's legal. Unless it's your cousin's wedding I wouldn't care about their opinion.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Welcome to the forum!

Carrying at a wedding or church is a very smart thing. Think of the shootings at churches that have increased in the last 5 years so reason enough.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    Sadly, I've been banned from carrying at my wedding. Although, it's the only time she's made a big deal about it, so I guess I can let her have this one. I'll make sure one of the groomsman is packing though.
    Make sure he has a BUG for you!!...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Make sure he has a BUG for you!!...LOL
    Yes, planned. :) I never said I wouldn't have one nearby, just that I wouldn't have one on me.

VIP Member
    The photographer at my wedding captured a great moment when my brother opened his suit to show off what he was carrying. It provided a few "marry my sister or else" jokes.

My preacher was packing, too. Double-plus tacky!
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

My preacher was packing, too.
    "D'ya have the rings, son? Yes, the rings. Don't make me come over there ..." Ha!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I carry because it is my right, and the only way I can assure my family is safe. I carried at a wedding a fewmonths ago, and I was in it!. Nobody knew, and with a smart carry at 3pm, it is deeply concealed.
    The reception was on the edge of a decent area, but bad areas real close...if you have ever been to Flint you know what I mean. There was a non related altercation that occurred at a bar across the street, and it spilled into the reception parking lot. I didn't need it, but glad I had it. You just never know.
    I agree with Rocky 100%....on tacky.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Concealed means concealed!! You do not tell anyone. Why advertise?? I'm a firm believer in the "element of surprise"!
    "The Day We Lose The Second Amendment Will Be The Day We Start The Second Revolution"
    "I Didn't Vote For Him"!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links