carrying at a wedding is tacky - Page 4

carrying at a wedding is tacky

This is a discussion on carrying at a wedding is tacky within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by woodstock What I got was that his cousin deftly deflected the question with a remark that didn't really answer the original question. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: carrying at a wedding is tacky

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock View Post
    What I got was that his cousin deftly deflected the question with a remark that didn't really answer the original question. I assumed by that answer that he was indeed carrying.

Jay, what's "the rest of the story?"
    No. my cousin would have really thought it would be tacky. As for the rest of the story i deverted the subject by asking when are next shoot was going to be.

packing at wedding?

Check this link!
    http://www.cnn.com/US/9909/27/bride.killed/index.html

I'm packing!

If alcohol is consumed, leave it. If self-reservation is more important, by all means, it's CCW.

Remember, the concealed part means keeping it quiet. Don't advertise.

Guess I'm tacky, I always carry wherever and whenever legal.

Count me among the tacky; weddings, funerals, whatever - it's my life, and that of my family. I like biscuits and gravy too. Wait a minute, thats a redneck...sorry.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

"We're not going to drive a car with airbags to our only son's wedding are we? What, are you expecting to get in a crash on the way? You're so negative..."

Makes about as much sense as thinking carrying is tacky!

Maybe people that think carrying is tacky should also deactivate the sprinkler system in the church, since you don't want to think anything bad is going to happen and ruin the wedding... preparation is so tacky...

I was carrying at a wedding just this past weekend. During the reception, I went up to congratulate the groom (a good friend and associate). We shook hands and he gave me one of those "half-hugs" at which point his arm brushed the Glock under my suit jacket. He just froze for about a half-second then laughed and walked off shaking his head (my friends know how I am... ).
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I carried the XD .40sc this last Saturday at a weding in Mobile Alabama. It was quite a ritzy affair too.
    Reception held at the Country Club of Mobile. Lots of old South Money. Good God was there a lot of very rich people there. A friend of mine from the station I used to work at married into one of Mobile's righest families.

I wore a double breasted suit with the XD in an IWB holster, right hand side at about 4 o'clock. My wife wore a back derss with her SIG P239 in her purse holster. We had a good time, consumed only non-alcoholic beverages, ate a very nice meal and saw old friends for the first time since moving to the great state of Tennessee a year ago. Most did not recognize me since I have now lost 70 pounds.

Also, no one even began to suspect we were both well armed.
    Tacky to carry at a wedding? I think not.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

i had an h&k usp 40 (good church gun, by the way) in an inside the pants holster right underneath my vest on my wedding day, and from my guess up to half the guest in attendance and the grooms wedding party was armed as well, well i guess that meant no one was going to object!

My nephew got married last weekend...bride had an ex-boyfriend that has gotten into drugs. I was asked by both brother-in-law and nephew to be sure to carry.

Then at the dinner the night before I was sitting close to the bride’s father and uncle (a prison guard) and talk turned to firearms and bride’s father said he would like something bigger than 9mm but liked the mag capacity. I pulled out the spare mag for the Para-Ord P-14 and laid it on the table and said "14 rounds of .45 acp should fill the bill". Afterward they each approached separately and asked if I would carry at the wedding due to the ex. Turned out to be a peaceful wedding and the new couple had a day to remember.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    This is a quote from my cousin when he was asked by a friend of ours if he was "packing". I kept my mouth shut because i didn't think it would do any good letting them know that i was "packing". Just couries what you guys thought. Btw. thanks for all the helpfull info.
    Jay.
    I would carry, but I would say nothing about it, and I would deny it if I were asked. (You might want to say that asking was tacky, too.)

Those who don't need to be shot don't need to know you're carrying a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Those who don't need to be shot don't need to know you're carrying a gun.
    I like that!
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I'll be standing up (best man) for a friend getting married early next month. I will be carrying my P3AT pocket pistol. Slight dilemma though, he's getting married in a church and CCW in a church is typically a no-no. Not exactly sure if the law pertains to the church building or to a worship service?

I think a small, easily concealed pistol is more appropriate for such occasions. Don't think I'd pack my full-size P99 (40).
    KJ

Member: NRA, GOA

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle" - Navy Seals

If I could have, I would have carried at my wedding. (I was married on base.)
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I carried at my wedding, one of my sister's wedding, a friend's wedding that I was best man at, & another that I was in the wedding. I carried my S&W airweight centennial in a pocket holster.

If asked if I'm packing, I just smile & say, "Maybe, maybe not, but the time I don't is probably the time I should have." Since I've carried daily for the last 12 years, people that know me don't really ask.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links