Mom Crossed Over

Mom Crossed Over

This is a discussion on Mom Crossed Over within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After at least 20 years of being scared to death of guns and being very unhappy about my dad or I having them in the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Mom Crossed Over

Mom Crossed Over

After at least 20 years of being scared to death of guns and being very unhappy about my dad or I having them in the house, she decided she wanted one and signed up (along with my sister) for the CWP class.

There's been two incidents within one week where somebody has came up to her car and attempted to do her harm in a Dollar General parking lot (two different locations too).

I took her out shopping and testing today And completely let her feel, look, and ultimately pick out what she felt best with. She ended up going with the Taurus Protector.

Sent from my palm device
    Eagleks, nerdyvirgin and kmagnuss like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Good for her. My first step would be get her set up in an NRA beginners course. I've found most people, especially women feel more at ease in a professional training environment.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Indeed. Shell be taking that as well.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Mom's packin' heat...I like the sound of that, and dirtbags won't.
    JoJoGunn and nerdyvirgin like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I wish her well. If you have one, I'd start with two to five+ hundred rounds out of a .22 of some sort.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Well done! Always good to see a Mom safe.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

My best friends (R.I.P.) mother did the same thing after being attacked at a deli she fined for health code violations. Its nice when your loved ones take the care to protect themselves, especially when you cant be there all the time.

Sorry she had to deal with those issues but good for her for taking steps to not be a victim! Best of luck to her!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

As people get older, they should get smarter. Your mom just got very smart! Congrats on her joining the ranks of the sheepdogs.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    That's good to hear. Need more moms packing heat out there. It's a dangerous world we live in.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Light guns are nice to carry, but have hard recoil for training, which is what she will need. If she is to shoot it to learn, get the lightest loads you can. I have seen people’s hands bleed after a hundred shot qualifier.

Always glad to hear we have another carrier, especially when it's a family member.

Way to go mom. Only if i could get my wife to cross over.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    After at least 20 years of being scared to death of guns and being very unhappy about my dad or I having them in the house, she decided she wanted one and signed up (along with my sister) for the CWP class.

There's been two incidents within one week where somebody has came up to her car and attempted to do her harm in a Dollar General parking lot (two different locations too).

I took her out shopping and testing today And completely let her feel, look, and ultimately pick out what she felt best with. She ended up going with the Taurus Protector.

Sent from my palm device
    By the title of the thread I was about to give you my sympathies and condolences, but after reading, congratulations are in order!
    gottabkiddin and darbo like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    By the title of the thread I was about to give you my sympathies and condolences, but after reading, congratulations are in order!
    Whew! I had the same original thought.... Glad it was for not...OP. Congrats to you and your mom. You should be very proud of her transition. It's a shame it took two near altercations to prompt her to action, but at least she wil have what she needs to win if it happens again.
    OD* likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links