CCW ready Subaru Outback

CCW ready Subaru Outback

This is a discussion on CCW ready Subaru Outback within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A while back we got my wife a subaru outback. Went with one of the higher end trim models in hunter green of course but ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: CCW ready Subaru Outback

CCW ready Subaru Outback

A while back we got my wife a subaru outback. Went with one of the higher end trim models in hunter green of course but the center console storage cubby thingy is awesome for a CCW. If we slide the wifes CW9 in there the door just closes but even my portly XD45C fits. No slipping or sliding in there either as it's got that non slip rubber lining. Subarus rock! How do you carry in your vehicle?
    Attached Images
    RichB70 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    We're a two-Subaru family. The wifey's on our third Subaru, actually, and her vehicle, an '09 Forester XT, is about to go off-lease, so we'll be picking up our fourth within the month.

Be sure that you guys can safely pull/draw from that cubby...the trigger being open would be a worry for me. Maybe an easy modification of using a static-line tie-down for something like the MIC Holster or Raven VanGuard2?

There's lots of Subaru lovers who are also pro-2A and pro-concealed-carry. Virtually every Subaru enthusiast Forum has a long-running "Gun Thread."

Getting a finger in there to that trigger would be tough to do to say the least.

We are new Subaru converts but we absolutely love ours...I see why they have a cult like following. We got the limited trim and this thing exudes well put together as well as pretty dang nice for $30K.

I got the same console in my 2011 Legacy. Never thought of that cubby as a CCW compartment. I'll have to try it out.

<beep> <beep> - Wave (subaru owner greetings!)

I have a 2009 STi - and I found that a cheep soft sided holster fits between the seat and my center console perfectly, no slipping. No such cubby in the STi/WRX line, but our seats fit tight to the center console, I find keeping my EDC on the pass side also hides it from people looking into my drivers window, and with the higher seat bolsters it's hard to tell what the object is looking in on the pass side.

NachO

Sorry to break up the Subie club, I own a Pontiac. But for what it's worth, the Subaru's have a great respect and following, even in our circles.

I've made a modular type attachment point on the side of the center console near my knee, and my cheap Uncle Mike's holster hooks to it really secure. Fast access, even someone at my window might miss it, and they WILL if my windows are up; dark tint is the way to go.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

My setup on a Ford F150...
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    My setup on a Ford F150...
    Real similar to mine, how did you attach it?
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

GH
    I usually just put the gun down the side of the car seat & if I'm ambitious I'll stick in a cheap Uncle Mike's holster so there's no chance of it slipping & the trigger is well covered with the grips higher. There's enough friction there so the holster is held in place while drawing if the gun isn't jammed in tight.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    Real similar to mine, how did you attach it?
    Four self tapping screws. Two of them go into a second piece of plastic behind the panel. The holster is from Grass Burr. I got it from http://www.mobilesecurityplusstore.c...r_p/gb-102.htm which is where I picked up my center console vault.

I drive a 2010 Subaru Legacy and have been known to do the very same with that little storage spot. Very handy indeed. I also have a Honda truck and it has the perfect center console where I put my gun as well. Sig 229 in it's Don Hume Holster fits perfectly where the CD's of old would have gone. Nice to have these options.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    How do you carry in your vehicle?
    In a holster, on my body

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    In a holster, on my body
    Not so fun to do IWB at 4 o'clock when driving. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    Not so fun to do IWB at 4 o'clock when driving. Just my two cents.
    AIWB - easier access.

Raise you a nickel...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    AIWB - easier access.

Raise you a nickel...
    Pointless to "raise" on personal preference. But thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links