Richmond Flying Squirrels Firearm Policy - Page 2

Richmond Flying Squirrels Firearm Policy

This is a discussion on Richmond Flying Squirrels Firearm Policy within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ClutchSR9C Thank you for the correction i cross the KS/MO line alot so i figure I need to know...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Richmond Flying Squirrels Firearm Policy

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchSR9C View Post
    Thank you for the correction

i cross the KS/MO line alot so i figure I need to know

In Florida we cannot carry to sporting events. Paid events like concerts and such yes, sporting events no

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pir8fan View Post
    This will be covered by the VA concealed carry law. For example, here in NC we can't carry to an event where admission is charged so the venue doesn't need to post anything.
    There's a place I go to most years in NC (Goldston's beach, White Lake) that has a little carnival type venue. There is no admission charge to be there, but they do require you to pay for tickets to ride the rides. Not being a lawyer, I believe this setup does not apply to the NC law.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

what archer said.

I live right outside of downtown RVA, great excuse to carry if you needed one.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog1108 View Post
    Hey Everyone,Just had a quick question. Does anyone in the Richmond, VA area know the Flying Squirrels firearm policy? I am going to the game this evening and wanted to carry my pf-9 concealed ( I have a valid cc permit in VA.) Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have looked on their website and done a few other searches without any luck.Thanks Ya'll,Jeremy
    Good luck getting past all the Squirrel puns with that question... Not from your area, but if your state says no carry at sporting events I'd say it's a no go..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Well there's nothing that says you can't carry into sporting events. However when we got to the entrance gate yesterday I was stopped by the staff because of my pocket knife and told I absolutely could not enter with that. I almost told the guy "Well if you don't like the pocket knife, the .38 on my side isn't going to make your day any better" but I restrained myself, returned to my vehicle stored my knife and LCR in the center console (just to be safe, I didn't want to have to walk back to the car again haha.) Once I got back to the entrance the ticket taker asked me if I had put anything in my left pocket to which I replied "No" that I only had my wallet and cell phone on me. He did not seem to believe me at all but allowed me to enter. I must say it wasn't a pleasant experience at all and I probably won't be going to another Squirells game anytime soon! Also I can see everyone had a blast with the flying squirrel comments!

VIP Member
    Just a side note for the RVA area guys. The Diamond is in a bad enough area. Just wait until the build a new stadium. Especially if they put it in the Shockoe Bottom area, like they've talked about. Between the normal weekend robberies, muggings, shooting, flooding whenever it rains hard and roads that can't handle the normal daily traffic, it will be a dream (as in nightmare) location.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    There's a place I go to most years in NC (Goldston's beach, White Lake) that has a little carnival type venue. There is no admission charge to be there, but they do require you to pay for tickets to ride the rides. Not being a lawyer, I believe this setup does not apply to the NC law.
    Then you can't carry one the little boat rides?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sorry I'm late to this thread, but you can carry at the Diamond no problem. Its owned by the City of Richmond so pre-emption applies.

In fact, we were sponsors there for their first year and I made damn sure that they knew that carry was allowed.

We moved back to SW MO recently after we retired, having lived in the Richmond, VA area for about 35 years. Richmond is a definite "always carry" area, and I had my concealed carry permit the last 10 years we were there. My wife worked down town, and luckily had parking in her building, or that would have been a real problem! Richmond after dark is scary as far as I'm concerned. Any time we had to go into the city after dark I was carrying, and I don't care what part of town we're talking about here. For several years, Richmond had the "distinct honor" of being in the top 5 for murders in the country.

Believe me when I say it's nice to be in an area like the Ozarks where you're not having to look over your shoulder all the time!

Here in Richmond, TX they are considered GOOD EATING !

I don't know about the carry questions, but I would suggest eating up the street at Buzz and Neds.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links