Unpleasant Anniversaries - Page 3

Unpleasant Anniversaries

This is a discussion on Unpleasant Anniversaries within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by suntzu Agree with the first part, totally disagree with what is bold. Total waste of US and Iraqi lives for nothing but ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Unpleasant Anniversaries

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Agree with the first part, totally disagree with what is bold. Total waste of US and Iraqi lives for nothing but a feel good thing....did nothing for our security, did nothing to protect our rights, did nothing....
    Oh, why the heck are we still in Afghanistan?....mission was accomplished 6 months in to the invasion (Bin Laden was just a bonus, not a requirement)
    It did a lot, actually. It rid the earth of a murderous tyrant and his rapist mass murdering sons and emboldened the people of he middle east and now 2 like him been deposed, 1 more is on his way out and more are sure to follow. BIN LADEN ATTACKED US, SADAAM SUPPLIED HIM. They were both priority targets. Both dead, good riddance.

You can always say, "hey, its not our problem" but, yeah, when they come here, hijack planes and attack civilians, the pentagon and the white house, IT IS OUR PROBLEM. Suggesting that our BROTHERS died for nothing is plain cowardice and disrespect to those who gave their lives to protect your right to complain about it. Given the position of responsibility you once held, Im shocked to hear such a pacifist statement come out of you. You lost all respect from me and probably millions of others. You cant love the uniform and hate the job.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    It did a lot, actually. It rid the earth of a murderous tyrant and his rapist mass murdering sons and emboldened the people of he middle east and now 2 like him been deposed, 1 more is on his way out and more are sure to follow. BIN LADEN ATTACKED US, SADAAM SUPPLIED HIM. They were both priority targets. Both dead, good riddance.

You can always say, "hey, its not our problem" but, yeah, when they come here, hijack planes and attack civilians, the pentagon and the white house, IT IS OUR PROBLEM.
    Did you even read what I wrote? I said the first 6 months in Afghanistan was legit. As far as Bin Laden he was impotent 6 months after the invasion. You try to tell me how the heck Hussein was going to be a problem for us? Just one way? Even if he had WMD's he HAD NO delivery system. None in the works, and had no capability of getting them. Our AF and Navy could have bombed them out of existence.

Iraq had zero to do with 9/1. Was not a threat then and would not have been a threat now.

If the Iraqi people wanted to get rid of him then they should have done it themselves. No, it was not worth American lives to go over their and remove a tyrant. That is not our job. If you say it is then we need a whole lot more work to do around the world...which we should not be doing.

Bush's idiotic decision to go into Iraq has ruined untold amount of people's lives, he had no plan to finance the war.....dang I can go on.

Point is, and no one wants to say it, is that not ONE US service member died for a worthy cause. There was nothing to die for. I am going to puke the next time someone tell me Joe or Jim or Sally gave their lives in Iraq defending our freedom....Our freedoms have been being taken away by our own government, not the Iraqis.

Patriot Act mean anythng to you? Bypassing the FISA coourts to get legal warrants.........RANT OFF.......for now
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

So impotent he managed to convince our ally to hide him for 10 years amd wage war in THAT country. So impotent he made video after video mocking us. So impotent he supervised the murders of captured soldiers. So lets say we all followed your way of thinking. We leave afghanistan in a few months, he comes back. 2020 he does the whole suicide plane thing again. Still not our problem? Stand still long enough while somebody whips you and another will join him...

And as for sadaam, he disarmed and beat the people into submission. They couldnt fight back. He also kept selling weapons to Bin Laden. Thats enough to start a war in my book, and it was enough in reality. All he had to do was tell Bin Laden no and he wouldnt have had that rope around his neck.

Who are you to judge MY reasons for VOLUNTEERING or anybody elses for that matter?! I went for the reasons i believed in, my brother is serving now for hismown reasons and you served for yours. Its not all about you, so leave it at that.

Not to get in the middle of your all's sword fight, but I don't think there is any evidence Iraq sold arms to Bin Laden, is there?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Nothing major, nothing worth going to war for.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

I am not going to get into all of the fallacies of someones arguments. And I never questioned anyones patriotism nor reasons why they joined the military...don't know where that came from. I am upset at our so called leaders, past and present. Folks that think Iraq was a good idea probably think going into Panama to arrest someone is a good idea also.

The reasons stated for going into Iraq were not reason enough to do so IMO.

LOL.... they dont' use anniversaries that mean anything to us, only those that mean something to them. And, there are several.

9/11..... a soleman day. I think of the people on the planes, jumping from the buildings, and fighting for control of the airplane in Pennsylvania. And, that the major planner of it is sitting in Guantanamo.... and hasn't been executed yet.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links