Unpleasant Anniversaries

Unpleasant Anniversaries

This is a discussion on Unpleasant Anniversaries within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We have an unpleasant terrorist-related anniversary coming up: September 11th: 9-11 While none of us can predict when any event will occur which may require ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Unpleasant Anniversaries

Unpleasant Anniversaries

We have an unpleasant terrorist-related anniversary coming up: September 11th: 9-11

While none of us can predict when any event will occur which may require our use of a firearm, it seems prudent to be somewhat more wary than otherwise on an infamous day such as 9-11.

But this does pose a question for me that I am unable to take further. Are there other terrorist or other "anniversaries" that we ought to be extra alert about?
    Last edited by .45acpguy; September 1st, 2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: spelling error

Plenty...too many to count. But i don't change my life becasue of the .000001 percent chance I might be involved in a terrorist attack.
    nedrgr21 and wmhawth like this.

IMO, living in fear of another attack is silly. Why? I am prepared, I remain prepared, nothing will change in any of that. Its a non event, until it becomes an event.
    PatAz, wmhawth, Sky Pilot and 1 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

April 19th? December 7th?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

My birthday happens to be 9/11 and each "anniversary" of that day makes me dislike a certain group of people I personally hold responsible for ruining it for me, for life.

Anniversaries of Waco, Oklahoma or any one of a dozen school shootings such as Jonesboro are going to be remembered.

Also the Locherbie bombing. The bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon....we have a huge list.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Whatever happens, happens...life goes on and I don't contemplate much about what could happen, but I am prepared.
    I do, however, believe that we may see some interesting times pretty quickly...I'm thinking that Israel is going to hit Iran, soon...OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

As far as the anniversary of any terrorist event, I say a prayer for the victims. Other than that, I simply keep the level of situational awareness that I always live with. Beyond that there really isn't anything I can do. I live my life as usual. I refuse to let them "terrorize" me to the point of always living in fear.
    FLArmadillo likes this.

Maybe don't visit a local Government HQ or financial center or other iconic locale on the 11th, but that's it really. Don't let the terrorists terrorize. Stupid places, people, and verbs should be avoided as always.

Sept 11th is never the happiest day for me. It's the day my innocence (as far as those types of affairs go) was lost. I remember turning on the TV (in elementary school mind you) and seeing people jumping to their death instead of burning. That's rough for a kid. But then I think of the things little kids in certain other countries see at younger ages, and I feel pretty damn lucky. God Bless America.
    Last edited by FLArmadillo; September 2nd, 2012 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Grammar
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

I wont forget 9/11 but I wont live in fear. If I fear that date or any other, they win.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    April 19th? December 7th?
    The Oklahoma City bombing and Pearl Harbor
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    Maybe don't visit a local Government HQ or financial center or other iconic locale on the 11th, but that's it really. Don't let the terrorists terrorize. Stupid places, people, and verbs should be avoided as always.

Sept 11th is a never the happiest day for me. It's the day my innocence (as far as those types of affairs go) was lost. I remember turning on the TV (in elementary school mind you) and seeing people jumping to their death instead of burning. That's rough for a kid. But then I think of the things little kids in certain other countries see at younger ages, and I feel pretty damn lucky. God Bless America.
    Kids see a lot worse here (in the US) as well.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Kids see a lot worse here (in the US) as well.

Sent from my palm device
    They absolutely (and unfortunately) do, my fellow Steelers fan.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Not to belittle the "anniversaries" that have been mentioned, but we may have one more anniversary coming up that will remind us what terrorists and anarchy are all about. It is this November if the fools in this country reelect the biggest and worst terrorist and danger this country has ever faced. Unlike Hitler, who I would put on the top of the list, this piece of narcissistic garbage in the whitehouse lives in this country, does not have to cross an ocean to kill off this country and can do it withouf firing a gun or a missle or a bomb. He has infected this country with his garbage and 4 more years will rot it from the inside out. This November, if his reelection happens, will trump all the anniversaries we currently hold memories for.
    BurgerBoy, GH and goldmaster like this.

VIP Member
    You have a better chance of hitting it big on the Mega Million or Powerball lottery, than being involved on a terrorist attack being carried out on the anniversary of another attack. Life is too short to worry about something with astronomical odds of happening.

To be honest, I'd be more concerned over 11/6 than 9/11.
    suntzu, goldmaster and babarock like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Every day is a new potential anniversary for something. We can't live in fear or they win. Live your life and be personally prepared for the things you can reasonable anticipate happening that you may be involved in. Then just enjoy life knowing you've done all you can do.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links