Potential New CCLers

Potential New CCLers

This is a discussion on Potential New CCLers within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got home from a birthday party for my cousin. I carried of course & when I was there over an hour & nobody ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By GH
  • 2 Post By ericb327
  • 1 Post By GH

Thread: Potential New CCLers

GH [OP]

Potential New CCLers

I just got home from a birthday party for my cousin. I carried of course & when I was there over an hour & nobody noticed that I was (I must be concealing good enough) I mentioned it to another cousin, a former Marine & took him around the side of the building next to the picnic area & showed him. Of course I told him that I was perfectly legal with my CCL & he said that when he got home he was going to print out the application & get his CCL. He told a few others & they all wanted to see my gun. Now they want to get their CCL. I few others came over to talk to me about CCLs & how to go about getting one. Grand total - 10 potential CCLs should be issued by the State of Wisconsin in the next week or so. Most were Military Vets, all had DD 214s which as all they need to avoid taking the required training. The rest all had Hunter's Safety certificates which also qualifies them. Then a few of the wives came over to talk to me. They were interested, too & were eager to take a CCL class. Their husbands smiled. Now the number of potentials is at least 15. Wish I owned a gun shop.

And to think I almost didn't take my gun along. I hate to admit it but I take it everywhere. This time it was an afterthought for some odd reason.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Looks like you were concealing quite well til you showed everybody! Lol. Thats great that you've created some potential brethren. Hope they don't just strap on a pistol and call it day.
    OldVet and mjb65 like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Good job GH. You say it was an afterthought to take your weapon this time. Would that be because you were going to a family function?

While it is extremely rare, there have been cases of nut job relatives going to family functions to commit murder for some perceived slight or another. Always carry whenever you can.

I hope there are no nut jobs in your family. In my case there is one but he is just a nut and not in my opinion dangerous, but I still always carry whenever I can legally.

Good job. It's always good to hear of more potential CCr's. I agree with Eric though, that I hope they don't just think to themselves that they are ready to carry simply because they are former military or are hunters. They should bone up on carry laws in your state, and get to the range as often as possible.

GH [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    Good job GH. You say it was an afterthought to take your weapon this time. Would that be because you were going to a family function?

While it is extremely rare, there have been cases of nut job relatives going to family functions to commit murder for some perceived slight or another. Always carry whenever you can.

I hope there are no nut jobs in your family. In my case there is one but he is just a nut and not in my opinion dangerous, but I still always carry whenever I can legally.
    I wasn't worried about anyone in my family, lol. I had gone to church & since I couldn't carry there I wasn't armed. I was planning on going to the birthday picnic in my church clothes (business casual). At the last minute I decided to change into my usual attire & when I was halfway out the door I tugged my T shirt down & felt for my gun when I noticed I didn't have it on. As I carry virtually everywhere where it's legal to carry I decided to strap it on but I was also wondering if the strange out-of-town park would have a gun - buster sign. Had that been the case I would have stowed it in the trunk before I drove all the way in.
    Glenn

Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

GH [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Looks like you were concealing quite well til you showed everybody! Lol. Thats great that you've created some potential brethren. Hope they don't just strap on a pistol and call it day.
    That's not a worry here, Eric. Most if not all own a pistol & many have rural property where they shoot a lot, wives included. Most are gun-oriented. The concealed carry law in Wisconsin is less than a year old & a few weren't totally aware of the procedure & the ease of getting a license. A few had done armed security in the past & had to go through hoops to get their "professional" license.

Our laws state that to qualify for a CCL you have to take a firearms training class. A Hunter Safety Class or a military DD 214 is considered equal to that class. Most of my kinfolk weren't aware of that because they weren't keeping up on the news. Some of the liberal media had hardly mentioned it. I just told them the law & the requirements, something they coulld have found out on their own had they bothered. A few who live in small towns had even carried openly, legal in Wisconsin. A cousin from Florida already had his license as well as an armed security license. I come from a long line of shooters.
    ericb327 likes this.
    Glenn

Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Sponsored Links