Went to a movie theater today - Page 3

Went to a movie theater today

This is a discussion on Went to a movie theater today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Rio 24 in Albuquerque recently posted. No guns signs DO have force of law in NM. Now go to movies in Rio Rancho....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Went to a movie theater today

Rio 24 in Albuquerque recently posted. No guns signs DO have force of law in NM. Now go to movies in Rio Rancho.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    Camcorders. The MPAA claims to lose billions every year on in-theater piracy, so they require all venues to bag-search for cameras. Candy as well though, as the only real money that the theater makes is on concessions.
    Still not much sense in bag search only, every smart phone has a high quality recorder in it and most guys have one in their pocket

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Haven't been to a movie in probably 10 years now, to my wife disappointment. Has nothing to do with gun buster signs or bed bugs. I refuse to pay the prices they charge.

By the time you buy the ticket, drink and a snack, you've spent $40-50. For under $10. I can rent the movie, buy a 6 pack of soda and pop a bowl of popcorn that actually tastes like popcorn. Plus I can pause the movie to go take a nature break, and not miss anything.
    Thats why I go to the drive-in. 2 movies for the price of one and I can bring whatever I want for food, have my Glock on my person and a long gun in reach.

Unfortunatley, drive-in's are hard to come by for most.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Interesting article

I wonder how this "might" have turned out if...

Fayetteville real estate agent robbed while showing house :: WRAL.com

Has anyone seen anything posted at Regal Theaters (especially in Virginia)?
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSniper View Post
    Actually, signs do mean something in Colorado. Private Property owners or tenants can post no carry signs and that makes it a place prohibited to carry. Doing so may result in a trespass citation (petty offence I think). Most will just ask you to leave, but I wouldn't count on it, expecially if they have cop handy outside to cite you.
    Actually the signs in colorado have no weight of law. If you are found carrying they must first ask you to leave, the police can only be involved and the carrier issued a ticket if they refuse. The owner of a private establishment can tresspass anyone for any reason any time. A carier must leave any time they are asked, whether it is posted or not.
    ElkSniper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtrulz View Post
    Actually the signs in colorado have no weight of law. If you are found carrying they must first ask you to leave, the police can only be involved and the carrier issued a ticket if they refuse. The owner of a private establishment can tresspass anyone for any reason any time. A carier must leave any time they are asked, whether it is posted or not.
    I know all that, after the Aurora theater shooting I had been hearing about searching ladies handbags, security etc. I was just glad to see things here in "The Grand Valley" were not all hyped up.

Unfortunately, signs do have the force of law in Ohio. The last time I went to a movie, I was carrying and there were NO anti-gun signs. However, I heard that the theater chain has a no gun policy now. I haven't checked, because I'm not paying their outrageous prices now that I am retired! But regardless of the cost, if they are posted, I would NOT give them my money! I don't frequent businesses where my gun is not welcome.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Unfortunately, the State of NC has made that decision for everyone at the state level. I guess all the other problems we have were fixed at the time. We have some really stupid laws here.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Unless signs are POSTED AT FRONT,,,, AND EASILY SEEN.

Always carry,,, never tell,,,,

OBEY THE LAW

1. Dont look that hard for signs. I only take note of them if they jump out and bite me
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

In this state (CA) that is so "controlled" there are no gun buster signs here. The only ones I have EVER seen were on gun stores and those, of course, had exemptions for CC. It is an interesting thing (IMO) the state is very restrictive on guns and everything to do with them. I have a permit that has 0 restrictions on top of state law. Because the state treats it as if no one has guns or carries them they do not feel the need to restrict them with signs.

Believe me I would rather have my constitutional freedoms unadulterated by idiot legislatures, but my point of this post is merely an observation.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I noticed the Regal here in Auburn, WA doesn't have signs either. The AMC in Kent, WA does though.
    SuperRuger101 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    I read to much about bed bugs being found in theaters so I just don't go.
    I'd take my chances with a movie theater seat long before a public bathroom seat.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by A1Fiddler View Post
    I noticed the Regal here in Auburn, WA doesn't have signs either. The AMC in Kent, WA does though.
    Isn't it great that we live in a state where we don't need to worry about it
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links