Went to a movie theater today

This is a discussion on Went to a movie theater today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wife and I went to see "2016" this afternoon at a REGAL theater (Regal Canyon View Stadium 14 in Grand Junction, CO), as we were ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Went to a movie theater today

Wife and I went to see "2016" this afternoon at a REGAL theater (Regal Canyon View Stadium 14 in Grand Junction, CO), as we were approching the outer doors I looked for any gun banner sign and saw none. The ticket counter was between outer and inner doors so I looked over everything posted and saw nothing about weapons or guns, got the tickets and looked over inner doors, nothing. Got popcorn and drinks and headed to the theater ticket taker, no signs posted and no one wanting to search the wife's purse. Don't know if this is corporate policy or just the western slope of Colorado but if Hollyweard ever makes a movie worth seeing we'll be back.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    So you went to the theater and saw film. And nobody tried to take your guns away or look through your wife's purse? And they didn't have any signs prohibiting firearms? Amazing.

In all seriousness if they had gunbuster signs, what would you have done?

Glad you were able to enjoy the movie. Nice you were able to find a place to go for entertainment that isn't posted. I read to much about bed bugs being found in theaters so I just don't go. I will see it when it hits netflix.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

It's good to know that not all theaters are going with a paranoid, knee-jerk reaction to the theater killings. I'm glad that at most theaters you can still go and enjoy a movie while legally carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    Glad you were able to enjoy the movie. Nice you were able to find a place to go for entertainment that isn't posted. I read to much about bed bugs being found in theaters so I just don't go. I will see it when it hits netflix.
    Well, thanks for that, man. Now I won't be able to enjoy a movie out again. I'll always be wondering how "infested" I will be after leaving the theater.

I AM just kidding, by the way. Well, mostly. Of course I can always carry some of this with me:Amazon.com: Delta Dust Multi Use Pest Control Insecticide Dust, 1 LB: Patio, Lawn & Garden

They stopped checking at our theaters also. They did it for about a week and now nothing. All for show and I think they got too much negative backlash
    A few weeks back the wife and I went and they asked to look in her purse for "her safety". Of course I had a full size FNP on my hip in an IWB and a folder in my pocket so even without them checking her purse she was safe.
    This week I did not go but she did and said they did not ask and she didn't see them ask anyone.

VIP Member
    I went to a movie recently and we had pre-bought our tickets and were running late. I didn't waste time hanging out in the front looking for some obscure sign, it hadn't been posted in the past. I went inside, they tore our tickets and that was it. There were two extra-duty officers outside in their patrol cars, and they are usually there on the weekends anyway, nothing new about that.

I meant to look for sign at the front doors as we left, but forgot.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I went to a movie recently and we had pre-bought our tickets and were running late. I didn't waste time hanging out in the front looking for some obscure sign, it hadn't been posted in the past. I went inside, they tore our tickets and that was it. There were two extra-duty officers outside in their patrol cars, and they are usually there on the weekends anyway, nothing new about that.

I meant to look for sign at the front doors as we left, but forgot.
    I didn't see any signs either, but in Florida signs mean nothing

No meaning in Colorado either, just have to leave if asked; as to what would I have done if it were posted...... reminds me of an old song "Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies...."

Also now that someone mentioned it, no cops and no 'security" either.
    ArmyMan likes this.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I went to see "2016" on Sunday also. Had my M&P9c with me and had no issues. Marcus Theaters have a gun friendly weapons policy. Never seen a sign posted in any of their theaters.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    I heard that people get struck by lightning too, so now I don't go outside.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

the wife and I went to the movies last weekend...a Carmike with their usual "no guns/weapons, bags will be searched" signs. Ignored them...G36 IWB just like always, wife had her P238 in purse...no searches, no issues. Screw 'em.
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

VIP Member
    Haven't been to a movie in probably 10 years now, to my wife disappointment. Has nothing to do with gun buster signs or bed bugs. I refuse to pay the prices they charge.

By the time you buy the ticket, drink and a snack, you've spent $40-50. For under $10. I can rent the movie, buy a 6 pack of soda and pop a bowl of popcorn that actually tastes like popcorn. Plus I can pause the movie to go take a nature break, and not miss anything.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Took my youngest to see ParaNorman last night. Cinemark theater which I understand is owned by the same people as the theater in Aurora. No signs. Not even the ones they used to have that didn't mean anything.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Haven't been to a movie in probably 10 years now, to my wife disappointment. Has nothing to do with gun buster signs or bed bugs. I refuse to pay the prices they charge.

By the time you buy the ticket, drink and a snack, you've spent $40-50. For under $10. I can rent the movie, buy a 6 pack of soda and pop a bowl of popcorn that actually tastes like popcorn. Plus I can pause the movie to go take a nature break, and not miss anything.
    Same here. The last we went was because my parents gave wife and I carmike bucks. 9$+ for each ticket is crazy. Now days with movies being shot all digital they come to DVD in a few months anyways.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badbullgator View Post
    I didn't see any signs either, but in Florida signs mean nothing
    Actually they mean "No Guns Allowed" unless I am mistaken. Do signs that say "No Tresspassing" have any meaning?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links