Concealing a full-sized gun

This is a discussion on Concealing a full-sized gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted to add that a full-sized handgun can actually be more comfortable to conceal, as it is more stable. With an OWB rig, this ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Concealing a full-sized gun

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I wanted to add that a full-sized handgun can actually be more comfortable to conceal, as it is more stable. With an OWB rig, this can simply be due to stability, as more of the weight is below the belt. With IWB rigs, I have noted some shorter weapons tended to poke me at the muzzle end of the rig, whereas the longer weapon and rig would bridge over that spot, and lie nicely and comfortably flat. Specifically, this latter factor is true, for my anatomy, with a 5" 1911, compared to a Commander or Officer's ACP.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    looked intriguing, so i followed your link. my first thought was, "well i don't resemble the model very much!"

i think i'll give the Air Marshall a try. thanks.
    I too liked the Air Marshall one. Might end up getting it.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Let's not forget there are great benefits from Carrying a full-size gun. Faster bullets, less recoil, and -aside from my Colt Detective which points great- full-size guns often are easier to aim, they point better than a tiny little thing, and last, with an OWB holster, you can get to them fast, get a good grip on the hilt fast and have the gun out faster and in your control more so than with a small gun IWBed under belts, clothes etc.

It's worth a real try for these benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine181 View Post
    does the bellyband tend to get pretty uncomfortably warm or irritating? or is there a mark on your stomach when you take it off?
    I got one a couple of weeks ago. It isn't uncomfortable but the edge where it comes together does nick the skin. Think I am going to put felt there. I didn't really find it to be warm and if it leaves a mark you have it on to tight lol. My husband always wears a t shirt under his button shirt and he said he didn't feel it at all. He really likes the thing. I had to take it back and get a smaller size for me lol. I just have not been able to find a holster that doesn't look like a bulge under my t shirts and i wear them a size to big already. The belly holster is the best so far.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    I'd never seen these either - somehow looks more comfy than a belly band, not sure why I think so though. They really need to have some male models with nice chests showing these off too - when will holster makers realize women buy holsters too?! I got excited for a split second thinking they'd have a push up effect but alas no...
    I don't understand why they don't think ladies like eye candy too lol
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

I think a good belt, thick, and a good holster make a world of difference for large gun Carry. My holsters are Alessi, not cheap but I have them for a lifetime and I have a sharkskin belt. Thick, good leather is fine too. Plus maybe the Perry's Suspenders, they clip to the belt, a j-hook type, on and off in a second:

Welcome to the Perry Suspenders eStore

a GREAT aid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links