hiding guns around the house

This is a discussion on hiding guns around the house within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Interesting points I hadn't thought of re:burglary and guns that aren't hidden well enough. Would having a monitored alarm system (ours is ADT) change your ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: hiding guns around the house

Interesting points I hadn't thought of re:burglary and guns that aren't hidden well enough. Would having a monitored alarm system (ours is ADT) change your mind about that? I wonder if criminals would hit a monitored house and stay there long enough to turn it inside out looking for loot.

In addition to the 380 I always carry in a pocket holster even at home, I've been keeping several guns around the house but they're not really hidden, 9mm HG in bedside stand, 12 gauge in master BR closet, maybe a 9mm and a .22 pistol upstairs in my office den. I hope that my monitored alarm system would keep the bad guys from having enough time to toss the house...

2. Remove Ads

I've got guns everywhere man

Beneath the table chair man

In the table lamp yeah

in the stove in a pan man

beneath the toilet tank yeah

in the silverware drawer man

even in the freezer yeah

Taped to the back of the washer man

in the computer case yeah

I've got gun's everywhere

Sorry to johnny cash for that

I Got Ya'll Beat...

not only do I have them all around the house...
    I have this quaint little 'Italian' eating establish down the street. It's a real quiet place, kind of 'out of the way'. It's a great quiet place where everyone minds his own business. If I''m there and the a BG comes in...here's what I can do...
    I ask to go to the bathroom...I always ask first! Then I go to the bathroom, you know, it's one of those old bathroom with the chain pull things on the ceiling. I try not to stay too long, but I have small Glock 'taped' to the back of the top tank. I keep one of my older guns here so, you know, I don't have to come out of the bathroom with just my d*** in my hands.
    I come out blazing...no more BG.

Does anyone else have a place like this?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    not only do I have them all around the house...
    I have this quaint little 'Italian' eating establish down the street. It's a real quiet place, kind of 'out of the way'. It's a great quiet place where everyone minds his own business. If I''m there and the a BG comes in...here's what I can do...
    I ask to go to the bathroom...I always ask first! Then I go to the bathroom, you know, it's one of those old bathroom with the chain pull things on the ceiling. I try not to stay too long, but I have small Glock 'taped' to the back of the top tank. I keep one of my older guns here so, you know, I don't have to come out of the bathroom with just my d*** in my hands.
    I come out blazing...no more BG.

Does anyone else have a place like this?

ret
    I thought everyone had a small place like out of the godfather to eat and with the old fashioned bathroom tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    I've got guns everywhere man

Beneath the table chair man

In the table lamp yeah

in the stove in a pan man

beneath the toilet tank yeah

in the silverware drawer man

even in the freezer yeah

Taped to the back of the washer man

in the computer case yeah

I've got gun's everywhere

Sorry to johnny cash for that
    Man, I started DANCIN' and it wasn't a pretty sight!!

My uncle shot competitively for years and has carried for years. He always had a handgun hidden in each room of the house. Thought that was 'extreme' when I was younger, but now as a CC adult, realize what a level/cool headed, watch-yer-six Uncle that I have!
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

I keep mine on me or very close when I'm home. That's the safest place for them. Extra guns are locked in a gunsafe.
    ShooterGranny and 88keys like this.
    "Take what you have with what you are, make something of it, and never be satisfied." G.W. Carver

I'm for having it close at hand vs. hidden, however, there are some ways that one could covertly place a weapon in plain sight without being seen. A desk or bureau is one place a would be BG or curious child would and will look.

There are picture frames that are hinged on one side that are big enough to put a pistol in. I have seen a coat rack that has a hidden compartment in the top large enough to hold a shotgun.

The picture frame just looks like it is hiding something to me, so I don't know how good that really is. It would be out of a young childs reach, but they tend to grow up.

See more here. Item numbers are:AX6A-83810 for the picture frame, and AX6A-90589 for the coat rack.
    BadgerJ and DrDP6 like this.

I put guns in a couple of spots in my house when I get home. Once I go to bed they all come into the bed room to maintain my control over the guns. I don't feel like arming anyone in my home besides my wife and I.

I also use quick access safes to get to other guns if necessary that stay there permenantly. I'm also usually carrying one on me while I'm at home.
    DrDP6 likes this.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Wouldn't it be wiser to carry your weapon?
    Alex_C and ShooterGranny like this.
    "The Day We Lose The Second Amendment Will Be The Day We Start The Second Revolution"
    "I Didn't Vote For Him"!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    ... My dilemma was how to have a gun readily available, if needed in an emergency, and still feel comfortable that I was not looking at a potential tragedy involving one of my grandchildren, or other child, getting their hands on one of my guns.
    The solution is simple. Carry while at home. I use a SmartCarry holster. Very comfortable and very discreet. I wear it from the time I step out of the shower in the morning until bedtime. Then the gun is next to me on the nightstand. Your grandchildren will never know you are carrying and you have absolute control over access.

The solution is simple. Carry while at home. I use a SmartCarry holster. Very comfortable and very discreet. I wear it from the time I step out of the shower in the morning until bedtime. Then the gun is next to me on the nightstand. Your grandchildren will never know you are carrying and you have absolute control over access.
    Welcome to the forum!

BTW, did you notice this thread has been quiet for over seven years?
    OD*, Oldpsufan and DrDP6 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieMike View Post
    hi,

we have a table with drawers near front door (jimmihat's experience reminded me of this). we don't have any kids so i've been considering putting a relatively inexpensive autoloader or revolver in the table so that if my fiancee (or even myself!) opens the door and encounters trouble, she could defend herself.

it also might be useful to have others at strategic locations around the house.

i am considering starting with a S&W 637 in the drawer for now.

does anyone else do this? if so, are there any other places you'd have a hidden firearm?

-ayan
    While I understand the idea of hiding guns around the house, I think it's much easier to just have your carbine/SBR near the bed, in a quick access lock, and have a firearm on your person at all times. No need to run for the closest firearm when you're wearing it already.
    DrDP6 likes this.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Oldest thread necro I've ever seen...
    British by birth. American by choice.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    i applaud the resurrection! well done, sir!

as for me, i have twin toddlers in my house. so everything is in the safe except for two key weapons that are basically hanging from the roof so there is no way little people's can climb to them.
    carrying while inside my home is a level of paranoia i don't quite reach. it would also feel a little unsafe with the little ones, perhaps in a few more years i'd consider it. though i doubt i would unless i lived in a much worse place, our or world gets a lot worse.
    before i had kids, and when mine leave someday, i tend to have quite a few loaded weapons, and various hand-to-hand weapons secreted about my house.
    EDIT-i do have a pretty healthy dose of paranoia.
    DrDP6 likes this.

OD*
    You get the Lazarus award.

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links