Air Travel. What Should I Know? - Page 2

Air Travel. What Should I Know?

This is a discussion on Air Travel. What Should I Know? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do a lot of travel with firearms. TSA check-in has usually been easy, but when coming back from FAS I was grubby and smelled ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Air Travel. What Should I Know?

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I do a lot of travel with firearms. TSA check-in has usually been easy, but when coming back from FAS I was grubby and smelled bad so TSA agave me the special check. Huh, ouch.
    The best airlines I've found are.
    1. Delta
    2. U S Air.
    3. Southwest (with qualifications, last year they stopped a plane that was taxying out and pulled me off with 4 cops because

Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post
    I do a lot of travel with firearms. TSA check-in has usually been easy, but when coming back from FAS I was grubby and smelled bad so TSA agave me the special check. Huh, ouch.
    The best airlines I've found are.
    1. Delta
    2. U S Air.
    3. Southwest (with qualifications, last year they stopped a plane that was taxying out and pulled me off with 4 cops because
    Now you CAN'T stop the story there!!

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    Make sure you are legal from wher eyou start your trip and where you finish you trip. If plane lands in a state that you are not legally allowed to carry. ( NY NJ Cali IL ) do not take poessision of your bag. Will gt arrest upon checking back in.
    BS. I fly every other week. I have checked gun through in DC, MD, Chicago, NYC, and Nj with no problem at all. Just because you cannot carry in those places does not mean you cannot transport. I fly into NJ often to go to PA and always check a gun on the return trip. Have checked them at JFK as well.
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Gary T View Post
    andylit,
    The TSA approved locks can be opened by a set of master keys the TSA has so they don't have to use bolt cutters or wait till you're present w/ the key/combination.
    The TSA is not so nice as to wait for you or use bolt cutters.
    I was traveling with a co-worker and he discovered his TSA approved locks were gone and the lock tabs were broken off his Pelican case. Evidently, they put a screwdriver in the locks and pried until the lock tabs broke off the case. Nothing was stolen, but no one offered him any help with the destroyed (expensive) case either.
    Since you will not be there while the TSA messes with your luggage, you are at their mercy.

If I travel, I never lock any suitcase. (non gun travel). You may as well put a sign on the suitcase saying "valuable stuff inside".
    If it's valuable, carry it on. Don't take your eyes off your stuff while you go through the security checkpoint. The TSA is not responsible if someone walks off with your camera, computer, etc. Don't allow the TSA to make you turn your back on your stuff.
    Most TSA are great folks, and they will understand.

go with the air line policy about firearms

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I never have had any issue, but last week I made a trip to Houston. No hassle but when I picked my bag off of the carousel at CVG, I noticed my TSA lock was gone and there was the TSA slip inside my suitcase. The lock is easily replaced, but I was disturbed that my suitcase with a firearm and a laptop traveled unlocked.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links