Magazine question

This is a discussion on Magazine question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; California sucks. Short question: Is is illegal to ship "high capacity" magazines into CA? Even via UPS or FEDEX? even private party? Any advice?...

Thread: Magazine question

Magazine question

California sucks.

Short question:
    Is is illegal to ship "high capacity" magazines into CA? Even via UPS or FEDEX? even private party?

Any advice?

2. Remove Ads

Try this link for possible info:
    Calguns.net

Found on another board:
    Current CA law allows you to possess high cap mags provided you owned them before 1/1/2000. DO NOT import them into the state- that is against the law. If you already own one, you can take it out and shoot with it anytime you like.
    If caught or harassed, it is the prosecutor's job to prove you imported or illegally assembled the magazine after 1/1/2000, not your job to prove your innocence. You may not sell or transfer or give a high cap mag to anyone in CA if you own one- unless they have a high-cap mag permit. BUT ownership is not regulated for grandfathered mags.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    from: Assault Weapon and Large Capacity Magazine Regulation Information | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

The next time you travel to AZ stop at a gun store and buy the magazine in person. Then leave it at your house in AZ. Stick it in some good hiding place if you don't have a safe there. Or, just use the lessor capacity mags and use it as an opportunity to practice switching mags.

Administrator
    No. You cannot import or bring a magazine with a capacity over 10 rounds into CA.

"...It is unlawful for any person to manufacture, cause to be manufactured, import into the state, keep
    for sale, or offer or expose for sale, or give or lend, any large-capacity magazine. (Penal Code
    12020(a)(2).)..."

"Effective January 1, 2000, SB 23 generally prohibits, the manufacture, import, sale, giving or lending of large capacity magazines (defined as any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but does not include .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding devices)."
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thanks for the input, though because my gun was designed in 2009 i dont have any mags from before 2000.
    I guess i was kinda hoping that since its just a rimfire, the laws would be a little nicer.

And because my house is kinda in the middle of no where its a few hours drive to the nearest real city, at least on the AZ side of the border.

Also, one the main reason i would prefer the high capacity mag is because it has a thumb assist that making loading so much nicer.
    593377.jpg685791.jpg
    Attached Images

I completely understand CA's reasoning for the capacity ban. After all, it keeps those evil criminals from being overly armed.

Links