Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm...... - Page 2

Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm......

This is a discussion on Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm...... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ogre Nope, it depends on the definition of concealed. Hidden from casual looks is concealed, unnoticeable is concealed. Just because you MAY ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm......

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    Nope, it depends on the definition of concealed. Hidden from casual looks is concealed, unnoticeable is concealed. Just because you MAY print does not mean you have poorly concealed. Concealed isnot invisible. I too am tired of the C. A. N. T. Nazis jumping on people like they are stupid for not having the gun invisible. I frankly think OC has a greater TACTICAL & STRATEGIC value. Surprise is only good for offense/attack. I prefer to not fire my gun at another person.
    If you have never done it, how do you know what has a greater tactical and strategic value?

Do not take this the wrong way OP, but I think its a bit lazy on your part to allow such a blatant display of your concealed firearm to happen.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Nope, it depends on the definition of concealed. Hidden from casual looks is concealed, unnoticeable is concealed. Just because you MAY print does not mean you have poorly concealed. Concealed isnot invisible. I too am tired of the C. A. N. T. Nazis jumping on people like they are stupid for not having the gun invisible. I frankly think OC has a greater TACTICAL & STRATEGIC value. Surprise is only good for offense/attack. I prefer to not fire my gun at another person.
    The only time I jump on people as though they are stupid is when their argument is too flimsy to be supported by facts and accepted definitions.

edit Calling people with whom you may disagree "Nazis" doesn't do much to enhance your position, either.
    wmhawth and OD* like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Well, good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The only time I jump on people as though they are stupid is when their argument is too flimsy to be supported by facts and accepted definitions.

edit Calling people with whom you may disagree "Nazis" doesn't do much to enhance your position, either.
    Well when I'm told that I'm stupid for OC. Or do just using a loose shirt as cover. Plus sayin that one should not tell any one (including you SO) that you at carrying and imying that everyone who oc'rs is looking for trouble ad deserves any harassment by LE. Yeah, I'd call them nazis: but I call anyone who thinks their way is the only right way a "XYZ" nazi. I see the benefits of cc but they are mostly social. No one has taken my gun I have not Ben targeted first and I have not read or seen any cases of those things happening. I do have first hand exp with OC deterring crime.

Distinguished Member
    Just started carrying my new (to me) G23 today. With just a decent fitting tshirt on, I can make out a small print of the butt of the gun (actually the base of the magazine).

I'm totally fine with this, you would have to really look or be in the know to notice this little "print" under my shirt. I'm totally comfortable with this and I have no worries of anyone spotting me.

Like others have said, as long as your comfortable and legal, who cares?
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    Well when I'm told that I'm stupid for OC. Or do just using a loose shirt as cover. Plus sayin that one should not tell any one (including you SO) that you at carrying and imying that everyone who oc'rs is looking for trouble ad deserves any harassment by LE. Yeah, I'd call them nazis: but I call anyone who thinks their way is the only right way a "XYZ" nazi. I see the benefits of cc but they are mostly social. No one has taken my gun I have not Ben targeted first and I have not read or seen any cases of those things happening. I do have first hand exp with OC deterring crime.
    If you want to tell the world you are carrying, that is your business. If you want to advocate that decision on a public forum, expect some discussion, both pro and con. If you want to call people names, expect to get told to stick it where no one will look for it.
    ericb327 and OD* like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Your point is all well and good. There is only one problem, we are not talking about OC, we are talking about printing. If you would like, start a thread in the OC section about your personal believes and how the Nazis have put you down. Im sure there are plenty of folks here that would like to discuss that with you. For now you are off topic and are of no help to this particular discussion.
    ericb327 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

In Tn the permit covers open or concealed and one does need one to carry open even.
    At 130 pds its hard not to print with many handguns,but do attempt to conceal to the best I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Isn't "Printing" kind of the definition of concealing poorly?
    I see a few meanings:

• The language of the usurpers: in which 'printing' means bringing terror to the masses, intentions assumed;
    • The language of the carrier, knowing full well what's up: it's relatively unimportant; and
    • The language of the carrier, unaware of what's up: unintentionally disclosing one's weaponry.

Depends on the perspective.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Here is the problem with "Concealing Poorly", aka Printing. While most BGs are not so smart, alot of proven BGs are! So if I'm a semi-intel BG with sit-rep the first one I taking down is the guy in the T-Shirt showing me he has a gun under it! While one guy on this forum states he can draw and rack in 0.3 second most aren't that fast! And in this case Bang, and LEO will notify the next of Kin! JMHO!

If you want to show everyone then OC, then without the cover garment you might be able to draw in 0.3 second!

Or hell wear a CCW badge on your chest!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Yes it does, just because it doesn't bother you does not make it adequately concealed. Within the law? Sure. But still poorly concealed. Oh hold on, let me throw in a couple of exclamation points for effect.

!!!!!!

It's only poorly concealed if I'm trying to conceal well. I like that I can throw on my paddle holster and cover it with a T-shirt for a 5 minute walk for coffee rather than going through the trouble of putting on the royal guard or mini tuck. What's the difference between printing and OC in this case. Would you feel differently if I OC rather than print?

By the way, the extra exclamation points worked well. lol.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I see a lot of posts about CC and OC and the correct way to conceal. I live in the Cincinnati Tri State area; Bellevue, KY to be exact. I very often carry in a Galco OWB with a T-shirt pulled over because on short trips to the convenient store or groceries I just don't feel like going deep cover. In Ohio as well as Kentucky OC is legal and printing is not an issue for those that don't care. I know that some here are of the opinion "concealed means concealed" that's fine! For you.

There are times when I want deep concealment and times I want to open carry.

Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm concealing poorly. It just doesn't matter to me all that much. AND..... I am within the law!
    It's only poorly concealed if I'm trying to conceal well. I like that I can throw on my paddle holster and cover it with a T-shirt for a 5 minute walk for coffee rather than going through the trouble of putting on the royal guard or mini tuck. What's the difference between printing and OC in this case. Would you feel differently if I OC rather than print?

By the way, the extra exclamation points worked well. lol.
    Regarding the part I put in bold:

Huh?

I really don't care if you open carry or conceal carry, more power to you any way you choose to carry. What does not pass muster in my book is equating "I don't care if I'm printing = effective concealment" or rather "If I'm printing it's not poorly concealed"

I guess it really depends on how much printing you've got going on, but if it's easy to tell that it's a gun, it's not very well concealed, regardless of your thoughts on the matter.

If you're going to open carry, that's fine. If you want to conceal, that's fine too.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Regarding the part I put in bold:

Huh?

I really don't care if you open carry or conceal carry, more power to you any way you choose to carry. What does not pass muster in my book is equating "I don't care if I'm printing = effective concealment" or rather "If I'm printing it's not poorly concealed"

I guess it really depends on how much printing you've got going on, but if it's easy to tell that it's a gun, it's not very well concealed, regardless of your thoughts on the matter.

If you're going to open carry, that's fine. If you want to conceal, that's fine too.
    I can see that some won't get my point. That's ok. I take some good points away from this thread! Thanks for everyone's posts. I always learn something from good debate.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I like that I can throw on my paddle holster and cover it with a T-shirt for a 5 minute walk for coffee rather than going through the trouble of putting on the royal guard or mini tuck.
    I can snap on an ArchAngel (kydex version of the Summer Special) and pull a T over it in probably the same time it takes to put on a paddle holster. And I will be well concealed.

Carry how you want, but you can conceal quickly and effectively with very little effort if you really want to.

If something is in a state where it can be seen fairly easily by most reasonably observant people, then it is poorly concealed. If I am hiding eggs for an Easter egg hunt for a bunch of kids, and I intentionally situate some of them so they are easily found, they are still poorly concealed, even though I intentionally made them so. Something being poorly concealed is not necessarily positive or negative, it just is. It is simply a state of being. Intention doesn't enter into it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links