Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm...... - Page 3

Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm......

This is a discussion on Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm...... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by onacoma So if I'm a semi-intel BG with sit-rep the first one I taking down is the guy in the T-Shirt showing ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm......

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    So if I'm a semi-intel BG with sit-rep the first one I taking down is the guy in the T-Shirt showing me he has a gun under it!
    Oh Nooooooooo's, now their shooting CC'rs first too? What's a man to do? Geez, the shoot first argument is so weak and worn out it's just silly.

I usually carry a G19 OWB and it prints some. Is it apathy or ignorance. Don't know, don't care.

I'll state this as simply as possible. In the vast majority of cases I....don't.....care if I print. And just to make things fair, I don't care what anyone thinks about it OR how they choose to carry either. So there, equal opportunity not caring about printing vs not printing.

But here is another question to ponder. Was the guy in Sam's I made poorly concealing with the Wilderness tactical belt and his shirt bloused out a little too much on the right side? Cause that dude was carrying, and I don't care if I never saw a print. Or is it too telling if I don't tuck my shirt in? And where does it end? Or why even start?
    ericb327, ccw9mm and BurgerBoy like this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I would argue that I'm concealing exactly the way I want to. Poorly would be an assumption of someone else applying their criteria for concealment on me.
    Sorry dude but just because you are trying to do something poorly or don't care that you are doing something in a manner which is normally accepted as being poor doesn't mean that your not doing it poorly.
    OD* likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Sorry dude but just because you are trying to do something poorly or don't care that you are doing something in a manner which is normally accepted as being poor doesn't mean that your not doing it poorly.
    Do you OC?
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

That is exactly how i carry as well. I watch people pretty intently and no one has noticed that I am carry even with an obvious bulge on my right side.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    First, remember that a bulge can be anything.

Second, from a technical perspective, printing is poorly concealed. This doesn't necessarily make it bad or even a problem. It depends on your needs and desires. in your case, it would seem to be concealed enough. Others have a differing philosophy. Neither is more correct than the other as far as I'm concerned, but as you've pointed out some will defend their position with zeal.

CJM
    Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm concealing poorly. It just doesn't matter to me all that much.
    That's like a morbidly obese person saying they're not fat if they don't care how they look or if they're unhealthy. It is what it is, whether you care about it or not.

As far as printing goes, I see a ton of people printing everyday. Is it a gun, or is it one of the gigantic smart phones people are carrying strongside OWB? In this day and age of laptop sized cell phones worn on the belt under a tshirt, one can get away with more printing than even a few years ago. I'm a gun guy, and there are times I have to look long and hard to figure out if it's a gun or a phone.

With that said though, I still like to properly conceal, even if *most* people won't think twice about it.

While I think the OP may provoke an interesting intellectual exercise, it lends very little toward reality. I've carried concealed for, umm, uh...decades. The truth is that (generally) the only folks who'll most quickly notice a printing handgun fall into one of two categories; serious good-guys and serious bad-guys. I'm guessing that may be 5% of the general population. If you take that 5% and multiply it by the outside chance that you ARE actually printing (maybe 5-10% of the time) then statistically you're looking at being "made" 1-2 times out of every 400 people who even notice that you exist. With those sorts of odds, and it being legal anyway, IMHO what we've got here is more paranoid than practical on our part.

Y'all are welcome to question any/all of my statistics...because I purely made 'em up!
    Last edited by ghost tracker; September 10th, 2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: corrected my math
    ericb327 and GH like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

My point is that CC and OC are legal where I live. Sometimes I make quick trips and like to throw on my paddle holster with a T-Shirt pulled over. I'm not trying all that hard to conceal. In this mode of carry would I be poorly CCing and poorly OCing at the same time? To the strict CCers out there this is unacceptable. To OCers and and others where printing is not against the law this is a non issue. Properly concealed is relative to your states laws and your desired level of concealment. There is no such thing as properly concealed in Kentucky because OC is legal IMHO. When I visit states that have printing laws, I will conceal properly for that state. I'm not being Irresponsible, unsafe or lazy, I'm exercising my rights within the law. Why must I conform to your vision of CC? Someone please tell me where I can find the official CC/OC rule book. Right now, I will stick with the Kentucky revised statutes.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

I'm glad I'm not your lawyer. But then again, I'm glad I'm not...ANYBODY'S lawyer! Carry on! (pardon the pun)
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    My point is that CC and OC are legal where I live. Sometimes I make quick trips and like to throw on my paddle holster with a T-Shirt pulled over. I'm not trying all that hard to conceal. In this mode of carry would I be poorly CCing and poorly OCing at the same time? To the strict CCers out there this is unacceptable. To OCers and and others where printing is not against the law this is a non issue. Properly concealed is relative to your states laws and your desired level of concealment. There is no such thing as properly concealed in Kentucky because OC is legal IMHO. When I visit states that have printing laws, I will conceal properly for that state. I'm not being Irresponsible, unsafe or lazy, I'm exercising my rights within the law. Why must I conform to your vision of CC? Someone please tell me where I can find the official CC/OC rule book. Right now, I will stick with the Kentucky revised statutes.
    Just a question about consistency. Which way do you carry and train the most with? And why change that? It would think this could cause issues if something bad did actually happen..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Two quotes come to mind...

"a rose by any other name smells just as sweet" Yep; true.

and...

"the fact that you looked up Miriam's dictionary... indicates to me you're stretching a little bit right now" Nope; that's a dictionary's purpose...

Printing is poor concealment; and calling a rose "poop" doesn't make it stink.
    OD* likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Easter eggs are expected to be somewhere during Easter egg hunts. Guns that are to be concealed, in a State that requires it, should be concealed properly. Guns shouldn't be detected... even on Easter in these states. But for some reason some people in Florida want to push the limits by openly printing.

Eric...why not just open carry?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

It is all a matter of "properly" and "adequately" concealed. Properly concealed could also be stated as "legally" concealed. In some states, Mississippi comes to mind, if any part of the weapon is covered it is considered "concealed". A gun tucked into one's pants with the gun-butt exposed is still "legally" concealed. Shoot, in AL I can OC my gun, but the moment I climb into my truck or (IMHO) climb on my motorcycle, it is "considered" concealed (I have to have a concealed carry permit to do so legally), did the weapon suddenly become "concealed" as in hidden from view, no but is is considered concealed from a legal standpoint.

Adequately concealed IMHO is concealed from CASUAL view. Would the casual layman notice my weapon while I am walking around, if not then it is adequate-oh a trained observer may see a bulge, but he (or she) is TRAINED to notice things. My wife notices if I am carrying, but my neice does not-to me that is adequately concealed. With out a pat down or overt staring at me you would never notice, to conceal more would, in my mind, make me more OBVIOUS. Being constantly worried about "printing" or what have you would lessen my enjoyment of life, which is what I carry to protect. Kinda like why I choose to rideb a bike as my primary transport, I could buy a car and be "safe" however my life would be boring. Too much worry about "safety" or "printing" lessens my enjoyment of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Easter eggs are expected to be somewhere during Easter egg hunts. Guns that are to be concealed, in a State that requires it, should be concealed properly. Guns shouldn't be detected... even on Easter in these states. But for some reason some people in Florida want to push the limits by openly printing.

Eric...why not just open carry?
    I do both. It's whatever I feel like doing, weather related, situational. It seems printing is frowned upon as much or even more than OC. Like I'm breaking some cardinal rule.

I haven't figured out how to carry period without printing.Especially when you bend,when the wind blows etc....I don't worry about it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links