Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm...... - Page 4

Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm......

This is a discussion on Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm...... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Poorly concealed is a subjective opinion, are you concealed to the level defined in the law? If so you are "properly" concealed. Are you comfortably ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm......

Poorly concealed is a subjective opinion, are you concealed to the level defined in the law? If so you are "properly" concealed. Are you comfortably concealed for YOUR purposes? If so, then you are adequately concealed. Whether someone sees or knows you are carrying does not matter in this regard, you should "properly" conceal for your legal jurisdiction (if concealing is required) and you should adequately conceal for your own piece of mind and comfort. What Joe Smith considers "poorly" concealed but may well be properly concealed by LE and adequate by your standards.

Kinda like clothing, what I consider adequate clothing is proper (it covers my body so that I am not naked) and infact it is proper for what I do (cut meat) however my clothing is "poor" by many standards, most see jeans and a tee shirt with work boots to be improper dress. It may be for a Doctor, but not for a butcher.

Senior Moderator
    im not speling pourly bekuz thiz iz how i wunt to spel

Two different things are being argued here I believe.

Poorly Concealed - Something that can be easily spotted with little effort.

Poorly Concealed - The act or method of concealing is viewed as being poor in practice. (OP is defending this one.)

As far as the first one goes along with a crude example:

If Jane steals Alice's bicycle and there was an attempt made by Jane to hide said bicycle from Alice by covering it with a couple of old, loose T-shirts and leaving it in her driveway, the chances are that Alice is going to recognize the shape of her bicycle and investigate. Because it was not buried in the back fourty under 8 feet of dirt, Alice finds her bike because it was not hidden well or, poorly concealed. And now, wait for it....wait forrrrr it.......See Jane Run.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Poor concealment is a matter of opinion. What I consider poor concealment is different from one who follows the C.A.N.T. principle. They may consider telling their significant other that they are carrying to be poorly concealing or perhaps their S.O. discovering they are carrying by hugging them to be poorly concealing whereas I do not. If the only way you can tell I am carrying is by physical contact then I am concealing VERY well, because no one that I do not know gets that close to me. Heck, if all you see is a "suspicious" bulge I consider it adequately concealed-afterall you just see a bulge, not a gun!

Now, on the otherhand I consider the laws concerning "concealed" carry in MS to be silly, but one could very well be concealing in that state whilst every Tom, Dick & Harry could plainly see a gun butt protruding from thieir pocket, waistband, or what have you-but, by law it would still be concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Walk Soft View Post
    I haven't figured out how to carry period without printing.
    I can NOT BELIEVE a Kentuckian said that! Bib overalls may indeed be the pinnacle of all carry garments. Big pockets, buttoned (or unbuttoned) deep-cut side panels and you can adjust your holster (or scratch yourself) in public without attracting a second glance. Are you from Ft. Thomas or something?!?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

What I want to know is if OC is legal where you are and you don't care if people can see that you are carrying when you go out concealing the way you want (poorly), why don't you just OC so that your overly tight, not-really-a-cover garment doesn't hinder your draw if the need arises?

Fortunate that TN Law allows open or concealed. I carry front pocket, IWB 4:00, or ankle. Being an old fart, I don't much care if I print or not ... its NOT a banana & I am not really happy to see you. :)

sent from ...

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martial Archer View Post
    What I want to know is if OC is legal where you are and you don't care if people can see that you are carrying when you go out concealing the way you want (poorly), why don't you just OC so that your overly tight, not-really-a-cover garment doesn't hinder your draw if the need arises?
    How do you know my t- shirt is too tight. Maybe because it supports your sarcastic attack. Why don't you go back and read all my posts in the thread; It should answer your question. Why do I have to conform to your idea of carry? I'm lucky to live in a state that has very friendly gun laws, why wouldn't I take advantage of that for easy access to my firearm and comfortability?

I train in all modes of carry I practice but you would have known that if you read my previous posts.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Seems to me there are two different criteria that we are talking about - legal and literal. From a legal standpoint, if your state allows open carry then how well your sidearm is concealed makes no difference. From a literal standpoint, if your sidearm is not well-covered, or it prints badly, whether by intention or accident, then you are not carrying well concealed. Like I said before, it isn't necessarily good or bad, it just is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I would argue that I'm concealing exactly the way I want to. Poorly would be an assumption of someone else applying their criteria for concealment on me.
    And I would disagree that you're concealing. It may be covered, but its not concealed. "To keep from being seen, found, observed, or discovered; hide." You're open carrying, and that's fine under the law. Confusing the conditions will get you in trouble at some point.

How do you know my t- shirt is too tight. Maybe because it supports your sarcastic attack. Why don't you go back and read all my posts in the thread; It should answer your question. Why do I have to conform to your idea of carry? I'm lucky to live in a state that has very friendly gun laws, why wouldn't I take advantage of that for easy access to my firearm and comfortability?

I train in all modes of carry I practice but you would have known that if you read my previous posts.

I did read all of you arrogant, argumentative, in-your-face posts.

Answer my question. Why are you covering at all if OC is legal, you're so proud of it and you're not fully concealing? Any cover garment is going to slow you down at least a little. Certainly you realize that being so well trained and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Martial Archer View Post
    I did read all of you arrogant, argumentative, in-your-face posts.

Answer my question. Why are you covering at all if OC is legal, you're so proud of it and you're not fully concealing? Any cover garment is going to slow you down at least a little. Certainly you realize that being so well trained and all.

I answered your question in posts #1, #26 and #38. So my posts are arrogant because I don't conform to your idea of concealed carry? I never said I was well trained, I said I trained in all modes of carry that I practiced. You added well trained for your own reasons. I do the best I can with what I have.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Administrator
    It's kinda like going to a wedding with an old spaghetti sauce stain on your tie.

Some of the other guests at the wedding will notice it and others won't but, if it dosen't bother you it doesn't bother me.
    The fact that the old spaghetti stain on your tie wouldn't bother me personally does not mean that I could call you nicely dressed.

If that makes sense to you at all.
    limatunes likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    It's kinda like going to a wedding with an old spaghetti sauce stain on your tie.

Some of the other guests at the wedding will notice it and others won't but, if it dosen't bother you it doesn't bother me.
    The fact that the old spaghetti stain on your tie wouldn't bother me personally does not mean that I could call you nicely dressed.

If that makes sense to you at all.
    It does makes sense and I think some may understand my argument.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    I see a lot of posts about CC and OC and the correct way to conceal. I live in the Cincinnati Tri State area; Bellevue, KY to be exact. I very often carry in a Galco OWB with a T-shirt pulled over because on short trips to the convenient store or groceries I just don't feel like going deep cover. In Ohio as well as Kentucky OC is legal and printing is not an issue for those that don't care. I know that some here are of the opinion "concealed means concealed" that's fine! For you.

There are times when I want deep concealment and times I want to open carry.

Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm concealing poorly. It just doesn't matter to me all that much. AND..... I am within the law!
    I live in Western Kentucky and I feel the same way you do. I put my gun on OWB - hang a loose shirt over it - and if I print - so what.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links