Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm......

This is a discussion on Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm...... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I see a lot of posts about CC and OC and the correct way to conceal. I live in the Cincinnati Tri State area; Bellevue, ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm......

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar

Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm......

I see a lot of posts about CC and OC and the correct way to conceal. I live in the Cincinnati Tri State area; Bellevue, KY to be exact. I very often carry in a Galco OWB with a T-shirt pulled over because on short trips to the convenient store or groceries I just don't feel like going deep cover. In Ohio as well as Kentucky OC is legal and printing is not an issue for those that don't care. I know that some here are of the opinion "concealed means concealed" that's fine! For you.

There are times when I want deep concealment and times I want to open carry.

Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm concealing poorly. It just doesn't matter to me all that much. AND..... I am within the law!
    GH, sdprof, Badey and 5 others like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Did you quit smoking to????
    OD*, SWIll, discoboxer and 2 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I see a lot of posts about CC and OC and the correct way to conceal. I live in the Cincinnati Tri State area; Bellevue, KY to be exact. I very often carry in a Galco OWB with a T-shirt pulled over because on short trips to the convenient store or groceries I just don't feel like going deep cover. In Ohio as well as Kentucky OC is legal and printing is not an issue for those that don't care. I know that some here are of the opinion "concealed means concealed" that's fine! For you.

Just because I'm printing doe not mean I'm concealing poorly. It just doesn't matter to me all that much. AND..... I am within the law!
    That is the important part.
    tkruf and pir8fan like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I would tend to agree with you on this.

Some people in states where printing seems to almost warrant a ticket for brandishing,(by the local jurisdictions)with a false interpretation of what the definition means, seem to get uptight about this matter, and I can see their point, but the issue is more the state and how they treat the matter.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Did you quit smoking to????
    Nope, but I need to. Smoking a cigar as I write this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You won't get a lot of debate from me. If OC were legal here I would certainly do so. While a skin-tight Under Armor shirt outlining a firearm so well one can make out the serial number from five paces is a bit of a stretch for "concealment," legal is legal and no one should have to answer to anyone else for it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Just because I'm printing doe not mean I'm concealing poorly.
    Isn't "Printing" kind of the definition of concealing poorly? Like, when I check to make sure I am concealing well I check to make sure that I am not printing. If I was printing I would think to myself that was not concealing well. Now, if you have a reason for printing then whatever, that's your business but I think your still concealing poorly.
    OD*, wmhawth, CJM and 1 others like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Within the law or not all tactical advantage is lost when other can see you are carrying and you don't know who they are

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Ummm... Yeah... It does.. Just because you have a REASON for concealing poorly doesn't mean that your not concealing poorly. You have every right to conceal however you want though so that's the important part.
    I would argue that I'm concealing exactly the way I want to. Poorly would be an assumption of someone else applying their criteria for concealment on me.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

I would argue that I'm concealing exactly the way I want to. Poorly would be an assumption of someone else applying their criteria for concealment on me.

Applying that logic I guess the same could be said of my singing.
    OD* and limatunes like this.

VIP Member
    Carry however you like. The most important part of concealment is being at ease with your carry rig. Whether you OC, CC or poorly-CC, if you are comfortable and nonchalant about your rig, most people with just pass over you without a second glance. As long as you are legal, who cares?
    JDE101 likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

JD
    Administrator

Just because I'm printing does not mean I'm concealing poorly. It just doesn't matter to me all that much. AND..... I am within the law!

Yes it does, just because it doesn't bother you does not make it adequately concealed. Within the law? Sure. But still poorly concealed. Oh hold on, let me throw in a couple of exclamation points for effect.

!!!!!!

VIP Member
    Poorly concealed means just that, no more, no less.
    JD and wmhawth like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Yes it does, just because it doesn't bother you does not make it adequately concealed. Within the law? Sure. But still poorly concealed. Oh hold on, let me throw in a couple of exclamation points for effect.

!!!!!!

BurgerBoy likes this.

Nope, it depends on the definition of concealed. Hidden from casual looks is concealed, unnoticeable is concealed. Just because you MAY print does not mean you have poorly concealed. Concealed isnot invisible. I too am tired of the C. A. N. T. Nazis jumping on people like they are stupid for not having the gun invisible. I frankly think OC has a greater TACTICAL & STRATEGIC value. Surprise is only good for offense/attack. I prefer to not fire my gun at another person.
    Badey, tundra and BurgerBoy like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links